When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporation is a world-class company serving the scientific community and healthcare industry. We are leaders in providing clinical supply chain management services and clinical supplies distributed to patients worldwide. This role is a remote home-based position which you should be in or near the territory (Bern, Fribourg, Neuchatel and Lausanne).
The role of the Account Manager is to drive the sales of consumables and instruments in our academic key accounts in Switzerland. You must be self-motivated and have a passion for success. The Account Manager will have excellent customer relationship skills focusing on the strategic development of key accounts. You will be an experienced networker with an analytical approach. This role is a remote home-based position.
- Sales of consumables and instruments in our academic key accounts.
- Maintain and develop customer relationship.
- Achieve sales targets set, both quarterly and annually.
- Provide the company with relevant market information for the development of strategies.
- Compete for all existing and develop new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or achieve plan.
- Specific focus on assigned set of large number of smaller accounts.
- Ensure that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to close sales.
- Where applicable: help on implementing account specific solutions by gathering, analysing and delivering information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market.
- Provide direct information on client needs to the marketing team and design together account specific promotion, seminars and exhibitions to support strategic goals on a tactical basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Biology or related field. BSc with
- Seveal years’ laboratory experience or a Master’s degree.
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences would be preferred.
- Ideally, relevant experiences in sales and account management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- General knowledge of assigned product portfolio.
- Good technical skills to demonstrate benchtop instruments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
- Must be able to occasionally lift objects of up to 20kg.
- Valid driving license.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.