Administrative Assistant (80% - 100%) - (18030503)
Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce & an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
To support that challenge, the Global Procurement team is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant in global HQ in Basel, Switzerland to provide secretarial/administrative support across all areas and levels of the organization, use an array of business software applications (e.g., word processing, presentation and spreadsheet), screen incoming calls and mail, maintain diaries and handles confidential matters, arrange business travel, coordinate meetings, support agenda management and expense tracking, and prepare presentations and departmental reports and manage Social Media within organization to keep the stakeholders up-to-date about the activities within the function.
• Organize travel - worldwide and associated formalities such as obtaining visas, vaccinations, letters of invitation to embassies - hotel, rental cars, flights.
• Develop and create international visitor programs
• Organize regular staff meetings
• Organize quarterly engagement webinars and follow up with Communication
• Provide assistance to Senior Leadership Team
• Manages access to the executive, maintains and modifies executive schedule
• Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files; interviewing callers and making proper referrals and receiving, referring, or answering mail
• Organizing meetings and workshops worldwide (onsite as well as off-site) incl. technical equipment like ZOOM, conference calls etc. hotel rooms, visitor passes etc.
• Organize workplace for new employees like computer equipment, office space, ID card, business cards, intranet links etc.
• Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures
• Open Purchase orders, handle incoming invoices, in Ariba
• Expenses claims in Concur
• Maintenance of Outlook, Distribution lists, Org Charts, Business Contacts etc., handle access to share points
• Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisor's assignment
• Super User ATTOSS Time Management
Critical knowledge and experience required for the job:
• Commercial apprenticeship or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts
• Advanced working knowledge of relevant IT systems (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SAP, Ariba, Invoice Management, and other tools)
• Strong customer focus
• Experience of working in multicultural environment
• Self Starter and Proactive
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong Communication Skills
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Organizing ability, ability to assert oneself
• Flexible in terms of working hours, workload peaks, ad-hoc requests
• Fluent English (verbal and written) and German knowledge. Additional languages like French, is a plus
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonuses, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: Administrative Services