Zurich, Zurich, CH
Advanced Analytics Platform Architect & Delivery Lead (80 - 100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Are you an energetic professional who is truly customer-obsessed and loves working with teams to design and deliver exceptional products? You will participate in technical implementation of solutions as part of the large Swiss Re's Advanced Analytics platform, encompassing the client-facing Risk Data Services and internal Stargate services.
You will work closely with your Product Area Lead to stay aligned on business goals and make sure the teams are progressing and delivering against them. You will also represent the voice of the customer, whether internal or external, and make sure that team members understand customer needs and preferences.
Your main responsibilities:
- Oversee technical implementation of capabilities of Risk Data Services and Stargate platform ensuring adherence to Swiss Re architectural principles, security and governance requirements
- Oversee technical implementation of individual solutions comprising Risk Data Services and Stargate, occasionally lead solution development end-to-end
- Design, maintain and evolve the overall architecture, covering the various cross-functional initiatives within the scope
- Co-design/architect with respective providers, as deemed appropriate
- Select technical resources from various vendors to integrate the implementation teams as data engineers, data scientists and full stack developers, as deemed required
- Manage feature requests towards data platform vendor(s) – e.g. Palantir, Microsoft, Amazon
We expect you to have proven knowledge of cloud engineering, data platforms, data science as well as strong business and domain knowledge across Swiss Re. We also expect you to have strong leadership skills to lead activities, projects and changes across multiple user groups and stakeholders. We expect a client oriented and service driven attitude. To round it up, very strong communication skills in English and at multiple levels of the organization are required.
If you are a senior Professional who is passionate about driving the strategic data agenda for Swiss Re, advancing new data driven business propositions, with a proven understanding of data platforms, data science concepts and techniques we wish to speak to you about joining our dynamic team.
About the Team
We are a team that develops and advances the Swiss Re Group (data & analytics) platform landscape with the goal of achieving democratization of capabilities (platforms, tools and SaaS services) for enabling the creation of innovative solutions to data driven business needs. We strive to enable the Swiss Re Group to efficiently utilize the platforms as well as ensure its availability and proper functioning.
The scope of the Product Area includes:
- Stargate - Fully democratized platform that enables the Swiss Re group to perform data driven analysis and create data driven solutions across all spectrums of complexity and required technical expertise, based largely on Palantir Foundry
- Specialized Analytics Services - Stargate complementary capabilities (platforms and SaaS services) for enabling the delivery of analytics data driven analysis and productive solutions. Examples include Natural Language Understanding platform, semantic search SaaS services, and others defined by business needs and tech transformation, built out around
- Specialized Analytics Prototyping Tools - Stargate complementary tools for enabling the delivery of analytics data driven analysis. Examples: Automated Machine Learning tools, GPU notebooks
- The engineering and advancement of the Data Warehousing platforms
- The engineering and advancement of the Master Data Management platforms
- The engineering and advancement of the Data Lifecycle Management platform
- General platform operations and service management as per the best practices in the industry
- Strategic management of vendors and partners required to deliver on the platform opportunities
We are happy to meet you if you possess:
- Master degree (or similar) in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience
- Experience in IT project management, familiarity with applied methodology
- Experience with big data and analytics platforms, including but not limited to, Palantir Foundry as well as technologies such as Java, Python, Spark, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, and others.
- Experience with the cloud-based services from major cloud providers including but not limited to Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in developing interoperability concepts between platforms and components, cross cloud in order to achieve a cohesive and consistent set of advanced analytics capabilities.
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of customers or clients (internal or external)
- A desire and openness to learning and continuous improvement, both of yourself and your team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English fluency is a requirement, any other language is a plus (e.g. German, French)
- Ideally experience in insurance/reinsurance or financial industry
Interested in this new challenge? We are looking forward to your application!
Learn more about GoAgile here: https://swissre.sharepoint.com/sites/GoAgile
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 96876
Job Segment: Analytics, Data Analyst, Data Management, Management, Data