- Proven experience in productising Machine Learning models and pipelines
- Proficiency in two generalist programming languages demonstrating strong background in algorithms, data structures and scalable services (e.g. Go, C++, Scala, Python)
- Experience in building, deploying and running Machine Learning applications or services on Amazon EKS / K8s
- Experience working with large data sets and pipelines (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, HBase)
- Working knowledge of major ML training frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc)
- Strong analytical skills; able to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with deep learning, computer vision, search and retrieval systems is a plus
- Proficiency in Go is a plus
DescriptionAs a ML/data engineer you are excited to solve data processing and analysis challenges to facilitate ML models training and power new visual capabilities of Apple products. You will stay up to date with latest technologies in distributed data processing / scalable ML and work with a team of highly qualified computer vision and information retrieval specialists to develop innovative computer vision/machine learning systems in the area of visual search. You’ll get involved in all phases of ML productization including data analysis, model training / evaluation and deployment. Based in Zurich, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. We are looking for passionate Data/ML engineers to join our Agile development teams. You will have great technical skills, a drive for high quality software and the ability to innovate creative solutions. Communicating clearly and having the flexibility to learn new technologies, while continuously developing your skills will be key to your success. You will fit into our teams, be a hardworking collaborator, comfortable with giving and receiving feedback and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Education & Experience
Education & ExperienceMSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.