about the role
The Application Performance Management (APM) Integration Solution Consultant has the responsibility of the architecture, technical strategy and continuous improvement of Application Performance Management solutions managed by Orange.
He is the Lead Local Consultant in charge of the delivery of recurring APM Consulting in several major Swiss based accounts, producing continuous value to the Orange managed service.
He is supporting the sales and presales teams to define relevant APM solutions aligned with customer business and technical requirements. He is supporting the delivery team during the solution build phase: he is acting as the technical single point of contact for the solution delivered and drive technically the assigned Orange design and build resources to ensure successful delivery and customer satisfaction.
The APM Integration Solution Consultant builds a trusted relationship with the relevant customer peers in his domain. He is taking responsibility of collecting customer business and technical requirements, translating them into an architecture and a technical strategy, evaluating the required consulting effort and delivering as required.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Lead the APM Consulting activities associated to a project or to an account where recurring consulting is delivered.
- Monitor and manage technical client relationships and status of ongoing engagements.
- Become client trusted advisor and contribute to customer Digital Transformation.
- Develop project deployment strategy for the consulting delivery related activities and produce the associated level of effort.
- Recognize and assess client key business drivers and challenges.
- Articulate service strategy (refine, refresh, change, optimize, …) in the APM domain.
- Engage and partner with customers to jointly develop the APM solutions matching their requirements and constraints.
- Produce complex design documents.
- Contribute to the sales effort to support the positioning of new complex solutions in ad-hoc area of expertise and practice active consulting (up)selling.
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge of relevant Orange's products, services and solutions sets.
- Contributes to the effort of knowledge management (documentation of completed assignments, knowledge sharing through presentations, participation to consulting Communities of Interest, mentoring, …).
Mandatory technical skills and certifications:
- Riverbed WAN/Mobile/Cloud optimization solutions with up to date RCSP-W certification
- Riverbed Network Performance Monitoring solution hands on experience – SteelCentral NetProfiler
- understanding of applications and their behaviour over a wide area network
- networking background: routing / switching / Quality of Service
Following skills/certifications are a plus:
- InfoVista / Ipanema hands on experience and certifications
- ITIL and other IT Process Models knowledge
- Other technologies:
- Riverbed SteelCentral Aternity, AppResponse, Portal, NetIM
- Riverbed SteelFusion
- IR Prognosis UC monitoring
- Wireshark troubleshooting
- Other NPM or APM tools
Soft Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English and German (French is a plus)
- A master degree is expected
- Demonstrate at least 5 years of consulting in the relevant domains, developing trust with customers through excellent deliverables
- Outstanding verbal and written (documentation) skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to hold a consultative conversation
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team of consultants as a member of this team
- Demonstrate the ability to perform project management and coordination
- Demonstrate the ability to own multiple work packages or work streams
- Demonstrate the ability to handle complex situations (internal and customer facing)
- Demonstrate the ability to create and check complex high level designs (HLD)
- Demonstrate the ability to create and check complex low level designs (LLD)
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot complex application performance related issues
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a cross functional, multi-cultural team, including off-shoring teams
- Positive thinker, confident, presentable, enthusiastic, resilient and a self-starter
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative thinker
- Business driver and results-oriented
- Strong Team player
- Capable of working in a matrix organization in a changing company
- Demonstrate experience in using MS Office Suite (Visio, Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
Sales & Marketing Europe
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.