Associate Digital Agriculture Product Manager - (18031704)
Syngenta is a R&D global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Location: Multiple position openings available: Basel, Switzerland and Kiev, Ukraine, Remote options may also be available.
Product management leadership for assigned digital products which can include mobile, web, imagery and analytical products. Define the strategic vision/roadmap, analyze internal and competitive product landscape, identify and prioritize requirements, collaborate with multiple teams, set targets/KPIs and measure progress, lead the overall lifecycle of the product, and market future enhancements or go-lives.
- Strategic Roadmap Contribution: Define and document a recommended roadmap of enhancements and strategies with a target user which can include growers, agronomists, resellers, processors and/or consumers depending on the product. Responsible for reporting and aligning the product roadmap to senior product management and internal/external stakeholders. Develop core positioning and messaging for the product (incl key features)
- Target User Needs Analysis: Define target user group and identify unmet needs and processes which can meet and exceed expectations. This can include computational agronomy, UI/UX, new processes, and value adding insights bringing together capabilities from imagery, machinery, agronomy, weather, and value-added analysis for example.
- Product Analysis: Set KPIs to inform the roadmap and recommendations for the product combining insights from the target user analysis, roadmap, and platform objectives. Analyze competitive activity and outperform competitive products in key target features.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with elite users to gain insights into the product and with other internal product managers across the digital group to maintain product integration to the masterplan and ensuring the overall achievement of product and team objectives.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Identify and prioritize new opportunities, service improvements, budget, and cost reductions. Contribute to the determination and definition of pricing, profitability, and Product+ ROI for the product. Develop product stories and collaborate with engineering for effort to deliver for the product. Maintain a consolidated view of the product with the global Cropwise framework and modules/micro-services
- Supports Sales and Marketing Activities: Align product launch activities with marketing activities through the respective go-to-market channel agreed with product leadership and market stakeholders. Identify the key benefits and value of products. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral (including web updates, product training materials and sales training).
- Market Knowledge: Be knowledgeable in agricultural digital products, evangelize internally and externally. Extremely knowledgeable on competitive products including features, share and marketing efforts. Be the recognized expert on the product, the market, relevant technology, and the competition.
- Innovation: Run and direct trials and MVPs, develop and deliver go-to-market launch plans. Constantly lead product discovery, seeking for opportunities for new high impacting products/features. Experiment with high/low fidelity prototypes to shorten the time to collect feedbacks on new ideas/products/features
- Agricultural knowledge or Developing skills in Product management/product development
- Customer research
- Requirements analysis and user stories including pricing and planning
- Competitive analysis
- Financial principles
- Smart, creative, persistent, and customer-centric mindset
- Ability to collaborate with the target audience to identify new opportunities and unmet needs to guide the product roadmap and priorities.
- Understanding the main constraints under which our main stakeholder/business partners operate to secure feasibility of our product strategy
- The ability to analyze and prioritize inputs and data will be a key skill.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonuses, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: IS & Business Architecture - Business & IS Architecture