Back to Previous Page
Job ID 322192BR Position Title Associate Director - Cell Substrate Analytics Apply to Job
More than 300! The No. of hardworking associates in analytical development in Technical Research and Development Biologics, who brings medicines to patients in clinical trials.
Job Description :
Lead a group of Cell Bank Project Experts and Laboratory associates, to run the Biologics&CGT portfolio of projects in respective discipline. Administrative lead and management of Cell Substrate Analytics group within Analytical Operations to improve the capacity to develop, validate molecular biological test methods for the characterization of production cell lines and derived cell banks, and apply these test methods for release testing following cGMP requirements. Translate TRD/department strategy into operational activities. Provide broad expertise in molecular biology for cell bank characterization and virology for adventitious agents testing of production cell banks and bulk harvests at contract laboratories.
We are looking for an Associate Director in Analytical Operations Basel with a role of Group Head Cell Substrate Analytics. The position requires strong leadership skills and acumen in molecular biology and viral safety testing for biopharmaceutical products (diverse Biological entities, Biosimilars, Cell&Gene Therapies), solving complex analytical challenges, in order to provide time efficient support to development and commercial projects. This role requires very good communication skills and also represents the field of expertise in internal networks, Due Diligences or In-licensing opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
• As a member of the section’s management team, contribute to the strategy of the Analytical Operations section and beyond. Lead resource allocation for the Cell Substrate Analytics team and capacity to ensure timelines and key milestones are met.
• Mentor and develop people; recruit talents. Support a culture of high performance and trust. Assure that the required level of knowledge and skills is available and identify competency gaps. Establish and implement training and development plans.
• Provide adequate guidance in the field of molecular characterization and viral safety testing to ensure timely release of cell substrates for Biologics manufacturing. Implement the relevant technologies and processes in the respective subject areas.
• Ensure two-way communication among management (such as section head), peers and associates. Establish and maintain sound working relationships with partners and customers.
• Ensure compliance of processes used for GMP testing of cell substrates and lead health authority inspections in the molecular biology labs
• Provide input to and supervise budget to meet financial goals.
Minimum requirements :
What you will bring to the role
• MS or PhD in Virology / Molecular & Cell Biology / Immunology or related sciences.
• Proven experience of Biologics development activities/ processes, worked in interdisciplinary teams; excellent theoretical and scientific knowledge; track record of creativity, problem solving and productivity
• Excellent scientific project management and leadership skills
• Excellent presentation skills. Proficient scientific/technical writing skills
• Strong understanding of regulatory expectations in respective field of expertise
• Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools.
• Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Quality Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments