Industrial Engineers take on an integral role at Biogen by driving and implementing continuous improvement throughout the business. The Operations and Systems Improvement (OSI) team is seeking an Industrial Engineering Lead to work cross-functionally to eliminate waste, improve flow, and increase productivity within our core business processes. This position is intended for someone with organizational curiosity and will think beyond the current status quo. The incumbent must work collaboratively with other site leaders at Cambridge, RTP, and Baar. The position will report to the Global Head of Operations Systems Improvement.
- Identification of transformative and incremental improvement initiatives across the site, then lead the execution of these improvements, and finally, conduct post implementation results verification.
- Facilitate business process projects to improve quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
- Develop and apply lean and six sigma tools including, but not limited to, value stream mapping, pull systems, statistical analysis, bottleneck analysis, process capability, simulation, kaizen, and standard work.
- Project manage cross-functional initiatives to increase throughput in various departments across the site.
- Apply knowledge of end-to-end business processes to proactively identify improvement opportunities across the value stream.
- Coach lean culture and operational excellence principles across the site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field, master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ Years of Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or similar highly regulated industry including experience in operations with engagement in Operational and Business support functions.
- Proficient knowledge of throughput analysis, facility utilization, and process economics.
- Experience working in a large-scale bio-manufacturing plant.
- Basic bio-manufacturing process knowledge is required.
- Solid understanding of Engineering, Financial Acumen, and Lean Principles.
- Vast experience with application of Operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience with Project Management and Change Management principles is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of cGMP's and multi-national biopharmaceutical/cell therapy regulations.
- Experience working with external parties and/or leading cross-functional teams.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into actions.
- Ability to prioritize and provide clear direction to team members in a highly dynamic environment.