Back to Previous Page
Job ID 307400BR Position Title Associate Director, Project Management Musculoskeletal Disease Area Apply to Job
200+! The number of projects in clinical development within the Novartis pipeline. Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is committed to inventing and translating definitive medicines for life-threatening diseases and prioritizes research investments to a core strategy whilst still cultivating exploration of emerging ”white spaces”.
The Musculoskeletal Disease Area (MSD) is focused on the identification of innovative therapies for neuromuscular degeneration and inherent neuromuscular diseases, osteoarthritis and joint damage following injury and tendinopathy. In the Portfolio Strategy and Project Management group, we are driving MSD projects and teams, from optimization until transition to Global Drug Development, to deliver medicines to patients through innovative and executable strategies and plans. We bring our expertise in portfolio management, drug development and high performing team practices to link the great science generated by MSD scientists, their partners and collaborators to our mission: restoring mobility.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Lead project teams with respect to the timing, scenario/options development, risk management, opportunity challenges and requirements of working with Decision Boards
• Partner with project team leaders and functional leaders to define project strategy, develop and maintain integrated project plans, and manage diverse teams across several sites to meet project timelines/goals
• Continuously adapt project strategy based on internal and external information
• Use drug development expertise (especially preclinical and early clinical development) to integrate knowledge of all line functions for project
• Ensure that key milestones and go / no go criteria are data driven and clearly defined. Owns quality of project information and make sure project information is accurate and included in the system(s) in a timely matter.
• Manage and communicate project status, issues and options for resolution to ensure optimal and timely information flow to all stakeholders
• Cultivate effective, proactive and open communication within and across project teams, builds trust among team members to achieve transparency and clarity of program goals, progress and issues
• Establishes mutual respect and trust in the program team
• Contribute to the functional excellence of program management through improvement in processes, procedures, and tools related to program management practices
What you will bring to the role:
• Masters or Doctorate in life sciences OR MBA with bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience in life science
• Previous track record of success in working with international and multidisciplinary drug development teams
• 5+ years of relevant pharma industry and drug development experience
• 5+ years proven experience in leading multi-/cross-functionally
• Excellent project / program management skills
• Profound knowledge in drug development (including early and late stage development)
• Proficiency in English
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division NIBR Business Unit MUSCULOSKELETAL - NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments