Back to Previous Page
Job ID 296907BR Position Title Associate Global Trial Director (80-100%)* Apply to Job
This position could be based in either Basel (Switzerland) OR Paris (France).
130,000! The average number of patients around the world that are actively participating in our clinical trials. As a member of our Trial Management team you will play an active role in ensuring patients have access to our clinical trials and make a difference in their lives.
As the leader of the cross-functional clinical trial team, the Associate Global Trial Director (aGTD) leads planning and management of the assigned clinical trials end-to-end to achieve Global Program Team (GPT), Global Clinical Team (GCT) and GDO-Trial Management objectives. She/he completes oversight of budget and resource allocation within assigned trial, drives operational excellence through process improvement and knowledge sharing across trials within program/franchise, enables an empowered organization that can navigate in a matrix environment and adjust quickly to business needs. Point of escalation for resolution of trial management operational issues within assigned trial.
• Lead the global cross-functional CTT to ensure deliverables are met within the established timelines, budget and quality/compliance standards; accountable for representation at all internal meetings related to the clinical trial: chair the CTT meetings, participate and report study progress and issues/resolution plan at the Global Clinical Team (GCT). Core member of the GCT.
• Lead the development of global clinical trial protocol(s) and related documents by translating the approved trial concept sheet(s) into high quality clinical protocols in collaboration with the Clinical Development Representative, the CTT and the Country Organisations (COs)
• Trial planning, execution and close-out: Oversee trial feasibility and site selection process; Conduct investigator meetings/trainings in collaboration with the Novartis COs; Provide oversight on quality and compliance throughout the study duration; Ensure accurate handling of all study close out activities; Manage and contribute to the development of Clinical Study Reports; Responsible for ensuring results are reported. Accountable for trial level life cycle budget management including forecast and annual cost targets
• Collaborate with Clinical Development and Data Operations in defining the data review plan and ensure ongoing data review and cleaning activities are meeting the quality standards in support of database locks
• Build the best talent and an empowered culture within program(s) and franchise to cultivate high performance in a matrix environment; Responsible for overall management of trial management associates working on clinical trial(s)
What you'll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare, as well as 5+ years of operational and managerial experience in planning, executing, reporting global clinical trials in a pharmaceutical company or a contract research organization
• Knowledge of good Clinical Practice; comprehensive knowledge of clinical trial design; understanding of the overall drug development process
• Validated ability to work either independently in a complex matrix environment (including remote or virtual team), with strong operational skills and demonstrated ability to meet goals by leading compliance, budget and timelines
• Experience in developing effective working relationships with internal and external partners. Proven record of handling resources (budget and headcount).
• Fluent English (oral and written) and proficient communication, problem solving, influencing and negotiating skills. Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to meet timelines.
**Please note that for this role we are only considering applications by candidates from Basel and surrounding, close-by areas.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable. Division Global Drug Development Business Unit GDO GDD Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments