We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Associate Publisher to join our business development team. This new role is a permanent and full-time position based in our headquarter office in Basel, Switzerland.
As Associate Publisher you will:
- Develop partnerships with learned societies, universities and research institutes
- Promote MDPI publishing services to other publishers or university presses
- Represent MDPI at publishing and scientific conferences
- Advocate for MDPI and the open access model in general
- Provide advices on the development of the current portfolio of journals and its expansion with new titles
- Ensure continual improvement of practices especially in the editorial and marketing areas: monitoring the performance of journals, relationship with external editors, conference presence and other types of promotion, etc.
- Contribute to the development of new products (journals, books or services)
Our ideal candidate:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the publishing industry
- Experience in open access publishing in an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic and multicultural working environment
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
Apply for this job
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!