In this role, the incumbent will coordinate and execute daily activities and troubleshooting in the HMI/PLC of stand alone systems.
The incumbent will execute projects improvements and modifications in the HMI/PLC of stand alone systems.
This position will be reporting to the Responsible Engineer Automation.
- Work independently with various PLC Siemens S7-1500 series and Siemens HMI Comfort panels in order to implement improvement project changes, maintenance activities, logic PLC programming, coding etc.
- Directly support troubleshooting and issue resolution to Automation PLC Systems in coordination with electricians, IT, etc.
- Support to subcontractors, vendors to assure the automation the projects implementation in accordance with Biogen Standards.
- Execute corrective and preventive actions to improve the PLC systems and support maintenance activities related to all the Automation PLC systems on site.
- Create various automation documents (Software Design Specification, Hardware Design Specification, Functional Specification, work instructions) and keep it up-to-date and accurate.
- Provide technical support for tracking alarms in the PLC systems.
- Review performance and life cycle management of the User Management, Backup Management and Audit Trail servers. Regular communication with IT support team.
- Support commissioning activities from the Automation point of view (e.g. extension projects, improvements or revamping projects) and the validation team (executing testing protocols, project change requests, etc.)
- >2 years Siemens TIA Portal Program 13, 14, 15 and 16 experience – essential.
- >2 years Siemens Step 7 is a plus
- Emerson Delta V is a plus.
- Siemens Simatic Logon is a plus.
- Auvesy Versiondog is a plus.
- Siemens PLC S7-1500/400 PLC experience
- Siemens HMI Comfort Panel
- Profinet, Profibus and Modbus experience – essential.
- Experience in pharmaceutical (GMP) environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with automation systems.
- IT Skills (Network infrastructure, Firewall basic knowledge, virtual machines, Citrix) is a plus.
- Good communication skills
Education and Languages Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in automation engineering field, or equivalent by proven track of experience
- Good and proficient Technical English knowledge (B2 minimum). German is a plus.