BASEL OFFICE - Business Solutions Specialist HR
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Viking Cruises is one of the world’s leading cruise line company that manages a fleet of +70 river ships and 6 ocean ships (and growing) with offices across the globe. We have our Marketing and Sales headquarters based in Los Angeles, USA and the Operational Head Quarters based out of Basel, Switzerland.
As a key member of the IT and Business Solutions team, the Business Solutions Specialist HR will be a key player in our digital transformation initiatives onboard our Ships and across our global Offices, to allow Viking to increase its visibility, efficiency, control and benefits in the Human Capital Management (HCM) domain. S/he will be the subject matter expert for the HCM information system and software applications. Furthermore s/he will coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of these systems as well as defining the business case, determining specifications, developing roadmap and time-integrated plans for delivery, piloting solutions.
The Business Solutions Specialist HR reports to the Director Business Solutions. Starting date would be as soon as possible. This role will be located in Basel, Switzerland. Please note that we can only accept candidates who are eligible to work in Switzerland or are in possession of a relevant work permit.
- Be an integral part and leader within the Business Solutions team to drive new process and lead solution implementations across the Viking Cruises’ fleet operations and HR areas.
- Work directly with our HR teams to document requirements, processes and develop a business case
- Translate the solutions strategy and vision into detailed business requirements, process changes, prototypes and design plans.
- Gain a deep understanding of the end user experience and generate new ideas that address unmet needs and/or pain points as well as delight customers via solution automation and common sense design.
- Develop creative use cases, storyboards, and process flows to ideate solutions. Manage end-to-end implementations including development, agile sprint tests, user acceptance testing until Go Live and hand over to Support.
- Provide the Director of Business Solutions and HR executives with solution options and project status updates.
- If required, identify (in-house vs. external) and evaluate suitable solutions/technologies that best meet Viking’s requirements.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s that judge the overall effectiveness of our solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business (HR related) or IT and/or relevant streams. Any Project Management Certification (Scrum, PMP-Agile, PMP or PRINCE2) is a plus.
- Two to four years in a similar role with at least 2-3 HCM implementation project experience.
- You have implementation experience with one or many of the HCM suites (such as SAP SuccessFactors, WorkDay, MXP, etc.) as well as integration tools (such as Dell Boomi, SAP Hana).
- Any certification on SuccessFactors or ETL tools is a plus.
- Proven working experience in developing and delivering products using agile methodologies.
- Experienced in Business and Data Analysis, especially in deconstructing complex problems and finding solutions. Solid understanding of HR and ability to challenge end-to-end HR business processes and foresee changes required to the business processes from the implementation of new technology solutions.
- Requires little to no direction or guidance to identify, structure and articulate a winning approach for our Business Solutions. Experienced in requirements gathering and documentation, use case development, and solution development
- Ability to prioritize, direct, and complete work in a dynamic environment with significant attention to detail. Capable of reprioritizing efforts to meet dynamic workload and schedule shifts
- Relevant experience from either a leading company in the hospitality industry (Travel, Leisure, Hotels and Catering), or a leading IT or management consulting firm or ERP solution provider preferred.
- Unique combination of attention to detail and excellent organization skills with creativity and “out of the box” thinking.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, understanding the organization’s goals and objectives. Build relationships with many different type of employees and across all levels of the organization
- Excellent understanding of database and related query skills (Database Query skill is a must)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You like to work with people to make them excited about adapting new processes and technologies. You are passionate about initiating and driving HR related projects from beginning to end with minimal guidance
- You are early in your career and eager to learn, have a can-do mindset and are excited about driving change in a fast pace environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- Employee restaurant (including free soft drinks, coffee, tea)
- Regular company events, e.g. sports games, BBQ, cooking classes
- A dynamic and fast-growing environment where you can drive your future
- A free cruise for you and your +1 every two years
- A highly talented, passionate and international team
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website, including a cover letter (one page, introducing yourself and outlining why you are interested in the role) as well as your CV and relevant references.
Job Segment: ERP, Consulting, SAP, Management Consulting, Database, Technology, Management