Back to Previous Page
Job ID 297150BR Position Title Bioinformatics Software Engineer (80-100%*) Apply to Job
71! Is the number of drugs in the Novartis Global Pipeline for Oncology, potentially leading to new life-saving treatments for cancer patients.
We are seeking a software engineer to contribute to applications for data processing, harmonization and visualization. Your work will be challenging, impactful, and relevant to the core mission of NIBR Oncology, and will directly accelerate research which brings new, life-saving products to the clinic. The Oncology Data Science (OncDS) group in NIBR Oncology seeks to advance biological understanding and improve the lives of patients with cancer. The group generates sequencing data from thousands of oncology clinical samples, which are analyzed with internal bioinformatics pipelines.
Your projects will focus on preclinical and clinical applications including marshalling, transforming, and integrating internal and publicly available data to facilitate the generation of new scientific hypotheses. These tools will leverage a wide range of existing services and require strong collaboration with associates across the group to understand and improve our services.
You will be responsible but not limited to:
• Developing bioinformatics software applications by employing good software engineering principles, e.g. SOLID.
• Actively participate in an agile environment to efficiently produce high-quality software achieve team goals.
• You will work in a dynamic multi-cultural environment, where we are keen to embrace new ideas and technologies to deliver innovative solutions for our emerging challenges in data science.
• You will be joining a tightly-knit global software engineering team located in two different locations and time zones.
What you’ll bring to the role:
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: B.S., M.S. in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent data science degrees.
• 1-3 years experience with bioinformatics or scientific software development
• Knowledge about bioinformatics data types (e.g. mutation, gene expression, etc.) and standards (e.g. FASTQ, BAM, etc.)
• Fluency in English as a business language.
• Experience with developing bioinformatics pipelines using Python or R.
• Experience with data engineering around managing or optimizing scientific data.
• Experience with developing scientific data visualizations, interactive dashboards, or user interface solutions.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential. Division NIBR Business Unit Oncology NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments