Back to Previous Page
Job ID297150BRPosition TitleBioinformatics Software EngineerApply to Job
71…We have 71 drugs in the Novartis Global Pipeline for Oncology, these are 71 new potentially life-saving treatments for cancer patients.
We are seeking a software engineer to contribute to applications for data processing, harmonization and visualization. Your work will be challenging, impactful, and relevant to the core mission of NIBR Oncology, and will directly accelerate research which brings new, life-saving products to the clinic. The Oncology Data Science (OncDS) group in NIBR Oncology seeks to advance biological understanding and improve the lives of patients with cancer. The group generates sequencing data from thousands of oncology clinical samples, which are analyzed with internal bioinformatics pipelines.
Your projects will focus on preclinical and clinical applications including marshalling, transforming, and integrating internal and publicly available data to facilitate the generation of new scientific hypotheses. These tools will leverage a wide range of existing services and require strong collaboration with associates across the group to understand and improve our services. You will work in a dynamic multi-cultural environment, where we are keen to embrace new ideas and technologies to deliver innovative solutions for our emerging challenges in data science. You will be joining a tightly-knit global software engineering team located in two different locations and time zones.
You will be responsible but not limited to:
• Write clean code, employing good software engineering principles, e.g. SOLID.
• Use modern tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and Bitbucket to implement best practices in documentation, TDD, CI / CD, code review, and iterative development.
• Actively participate in an agile environment to efficiently produce high quality software, to contribute to meetings, and to achieve team goals.
• Education: B.S., M.S., or equivalent experience in computer science.
• 1-3 years experience would be ideal
• Knowledge and experience of software development.
• Knowledge and experience of biological sciences or desire to learn about genetics & genomics.
• Fluency in English as a business language.
• Experience with front-end and back-end technologies, e.g. Spring 5, React 16 and FastAPI.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!DivisionNIBRBusiness UnitOncology NIBRLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularShift WorkNo
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments