Business Analyst Web Banking Reporting
- Allmendstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
In our Development & Technology business area, we deliver highly scalable and performant software – with passion. We consist of hundreds of Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners and Cluster Leads and speak fluent agile – amongst many other languages. Our vision is clear – we want to code software that provides simplicity for a new era. And we think that we are quite good, at what we do, working with brilliant people on future-ready solutions every day. Our flat hierarchies enable each and every one to have a voice and we are always looking for new ones, helping us to become even more innovative.
The Web Banking Team implements and deploys over 50 feature modules that address the “digital” needs of our clients: some of the most renowned banks worldwide. We offer a whole suite of functionalities that go from payments to trading, from reporting to customizable dashboards. We follow specific UX and UI guidelines and always strive for mobile responsiveness.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated business analyst for our web banking reporting team. Preferably with experience in the financial industry and/or web banking. As a member of the web banking reporting team (Avaloq Front Platform) you will be part of a dynamic team of software developers, product owner, test analyst and business analyst. The team is responsible for all functionality covered by Avaloq Banking Suit related to web reporting and accounts. You will elaborate and design new functionalities and enhance existing features.
- Analyze and challenge business requirements and processes, evaluate possible scenarios and recommend best business and IT solutions
- Design, develop, document and maintain thought-out solutions within the team’s responsibility addressing customer requirements
- Build and design functionalities to execute and implement business solutions in Avaloq
- Analysis and management of customer issues, manage client interaction during testing phase, taking care of bug fixing and potential change requests
- Supporting developers during implementation and testing our newly built functionality
- Prepare reports and project documents concerning new client requirements, ongoing activities and project status
- Closely collaborate with the product owner, designers, testers and developers
- Work in an agile environment, helping us to improve our processes
- Support consulting projects and sales workshops
What you need:
- University/FH degree in business and economics with experience and interest in software development or university / FH degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/IT Management with an affinity and interest for banking/economics or equivalent education/experience
- Sound knowledge of the financial industry, ideally in the area of online banking
- Good understanding of technical solutions and software testing skills
- Client-orientation and strong communication skills (proficiency in English)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Structured and autonomous approach to work
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Open minded and team oriented
You will get extra points for the following:
- Avaloq certified professional
- Professional experience as a business analyst in the banking and financial services industry
- German language proficiency
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.
Videos To Watch