At Sulzer Applicator Systems (APS) we work in a variety of industries focusing on precise applications of everything from medical devices to cosmetics. Sulzer produces innovative, safe and reliable fluid mixing, dispensing and application solutions across various specialties within healthcare (dental, orthopedics, wound care, neurosurgery).
To strengthen the business of the division Applicator Systems we are currently looking to hire a
Business Development Manager (100%)
Based out of our Winterthur office you will be responsible for generating and managing our pipeline for mergers and acquisitions, minority investments, joint venture and strategic partnership activities. Further, you will generate and drive our organic cross-segment business opportunities. Moreover, you will define new opportunities outside of our current scope. In this position you are a key business partner to senior leadership and highly visible at the most senior levels of Sulzer APS.
To be successful in this role you enjoy diving deep into complex problems and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will be part of a small, collaborative team that values authentic individuals who think creatively and proactively look for growth opportunities.
- Identify organic and acquisitive opportunities that support Sulzer APS strategic priorities
- Create, drive and own M&A pipeline and bring opportunities to execution stage by convincing owners
- Create, drive and own organic business development opportunities
- Identify, develop and execute cross-segment business initiatives
- Identify, develop and execute new product ideas together with business segments or on division level
- Partner with business segments to evaluate expansion opportunities
- Evaluate the benefits of potential acquisitions and manage the process of building both internal and external consensus
- Evaluate opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Educated to degree level (Bachelor, Master)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Business Development in a corporate or financial services environment is a must
- Successful track record in creating an M&A pipeline for a wide variety of transactions, China and/or Healthcare experience are a plus
- Business acumen and excellent judgment
- Results oriented, ability to stay on top of tactical execution
- Strong strategic and creative thinking capabilities
- Analytical mindset
- Capable to work and communicate at all levels within a matrix organization
- Ability to build and maintain a network of senior level relationships to facilitate deal flow
- Awareness of multicultural differences
- High degree of independence and pragmatism
- Fluency in English, any additional language considered a plus
- Readiness to travel worldwide (approx. 30%)
…you a challenging, interesting and diversified employment. The international environment offers you a variety of options to grow and to be recognized for your efforts.
Through its Mixpac, Transcodent, Geka and Cox brands, Sulzer develops and delivers innovative fluid applicators for the dental, adhesives, healthcare and beauty markets. Our IP-protected applicator solutions leverage our expertise in plastic-injection moulding, micro-brushes and two-component mixing to make our customers’ products precise, safe, unique and more sustainable.