Job ID 337961BR Aug 05, 2022 Switzerland
Job Description Cell Processing Specialist, Novartis, Stein, Switzerland
1! excellent opportunity to join our organization! The Cell Processing Specialist is responsible for operations on Day 0, cell washing and Harvest processing and for verifying cell processing associates on intermediate processing days of patient derived clinical and commercial cellular immunotherapy products. Cell processing specialist will also be responsible for the formulation and verification of all media lots. Due to the nature of the starting material (patient cells) this role requires high level of proficiency and ownership of the process and media formulation.
This role is limited for 24 months.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ownership for the processing of the assigned Patient starting material in the clean room environment.
• Ability to gown aseptically and work in a clean room environment (ISO 8, 7 and ISO 5) areas for extended periods of time.
• Day 0, cell washing and Harvest processing with the ability to work with automated equipment such as the CS5 and Sepax
• Verification of intermediate process days which include expertise with the wave bioreactor, NC-200 and in process environmental monitoring
• Maintains and prepares equipment/environment for use
• Proficient in the use of production related IT systems such as SAP, LIMS and MES
• Documents all steps in the assigned Batch record in line with GMP requirements
• Conduct all necessary processing/verification steps for the assigned lot with highest skill level of aseptic technique.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Minimum Requirements What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree or Apprenticeship in relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline (e.g. Biology or Laboratory Assistant)
• Minimum of 1 year experience in cGMP or academic or lab setting with aseptic or cell culture experience required
• If no degree, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in cGMP or academic or lab setting with aseptic or cell culture experience required
• Ability to perform complex calculations and an understanding of scientific notations
• Fluent in writing and speaking in English or German
Why consider Novartis?
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/networkDivision Novartis Technical Operations Business Unit NTO CELL & GENE THERAPY Location Switzerland Site Stein (Säckingen) Company / Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Technical Operations Job Type Full Time Employment Type Temporary Shift Work Yes Apply to JobAccess Job Account