Zurich, Zurich, CH
CFO Office Manager Reinsurance (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
CFO Office Manager
We offer an outstanding opportunity for a pro-active, motivated and energetic person to join our team. You will jointly work with the Head CFO Office and other professionals to coordinate, lead and execute the CFO Office Reinsurance mandate on behalf of the CFO Reinsurance, the Reinsurance Finance Management Team and Reinsurance Finance Executive Team.
About the Role
In this role, you will develop an excellent understanding of our Finance strategy and ambition, in addition to gaining hands on experience across a host of Finance topics, and working closely with senior leaders. As a member of our team, your focus will be to independently manage Reinsurance CFO Office tasks and processes as well as support key projects:
- Developing and implementing the strategic priorities for our function
- Gaining exposure to strategic topics and discussions about business steering in Reinsurance
- Managing the Reinsurance Finance Management Team and Reinsurance Finance Executive Team meeting processes, including meeting agendas, logistics, meeting minutes, and tracking of action items
- Overseeing and supervising the Function's performance against Key Performance Indicators
- Coordinating the preparation of cost budgets and projections, and the analysis of actual costs against the budget
- Prepare presentations for the CFO Reinsurance's meetings with various internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of presentations to senior management bodies
- Managing the internal communications activities including newsletters, interviews, announcements
- Contributing to, and coordinating people development activities, developing Reinsurance Finance training materials and supporting the delivery of training courses
- Defining, setting up and managing Reinsurance Finance even
Would you like to join us?
- Master or equivalent degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or other subject with strong focus on analytical and technical skills
- 3-5 years work experience within an insurance company / a multinational financial organization / an international consultancy, as well as a career that shows growing levels of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Finance topics would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Able to coordinate multiple partners and facilitate key forums and processes independently and effectively
- Ability to facilitate discussions and present ideas, including a well-developed professional presence and comfort when working with all levels of management and colleagues
- Able to work effectively and sensitively under pressure
- Hands-on approach to work, and is comfortable working to deadlines
- Strong project management experience; collaboratively manage and/or support project teams
- Ability to understand and bring up key issues arising in large and complex projects
- Highly proactive and client service focused, making it easy and rewarding for internal clients to work with you
- Feel comfortable in a changing environment, willing to learn, open to seek new tasks and challenges
- Self-motivated, fast learner and a strong talent to anticipate issues and topics
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and is comfortable dealing with highly confidential and/or sensitive information
- Takes personal accountability, and is able to manage and complete assigned work independently and with high accuracy with regards to details
- Collaborative teammate who actively and positively questions, persuades and contributes to the Reinsurance Finance dialogue as well as overall team spirit
- Encourages and engages others by actively seeking, and providing honest, fair and constructive feedback in a team environment
- Passionate about continual improvement, is flexible and capable of assimilating new points of view and adapting to change; is comfortable challenging the status quo in a positive way
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken; additional languages would be a plus
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
Reference Code: 93048
Job Segment:Web Design, Manager, Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, Executive, Creative, Management, Administrative, Technology