Back to Previous Page
Job ID 316069BR Position Title Clinical Program Leader Apply to Job
6000! That's the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients!
Based on our understanding of cancer at the molecular, cellular and organismal levels, Translational Clinical Oncology or TCO will design and execute innovative exploratory clinical trials in order to develop the next generation of highly effective therapeutics that transform the lives of patients with cancer. This role is to provide strategic medical guidance and lead the development of experimental oncology agents in the TCO portfolio, from the Phase of preclinical development, continuing through clinical Proof-of-Concept and Phase 1b/2.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Acting as a clinical leader for a region / large countries or strategic sites responsible for assigned clinical program(s) -driving medical strategy implementation and operational deliverables for development and marketed products in a defined therapeutic area
• Ensuring effective cross-functional communications to align with global strategy and leads the development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents
• Supporting the clinical research leaders by providing medical input into IDP and CTP reviews and contributing/driving development of disease clinical standards for new disease areas
• Acting as the medical expert, engages interactions with external stakeholders (e.g., regulatory authorities, key opinion leaders, data monitoring committees, advisory boards etc.) and internal NVS stakeholders
• Contributing to medical/scientific training of relevant Novartis stakeholders. May serve as speaker for franchise medical/scientific training.
• Lead global initiatives (e.g., process improvement, training, SOP development, other Clinical Development line function initiatives)
• Experience leading early phase Oncology clinical programs from the pharma/biotech industry plus credible experience from an academic medical center. In case of no industry experience then significant academic experience in Translational Oncology with credible PI/co-PI clinical study leadership
• Significant contributions to your field over time, creating new concepts and seeking out new clinical discovery opportunities / PoC approaches
What you'll bring to the role:
∙ Medical degree, oncology board certified preferred, and PhD level basic Science or equivalent expertise
∙ ≥ 3 years technical, operational and managerial experience in planning, executing, reporting and design of clinical trials studies in a pharmaceutical company, academic centre or contract research organisation
∙ Good knowledge of Good Clinical Practice, clinical trial design, statistics, regulatory processes, and global clinical development process
∙ Good knowledge of oncology and experience in early clinical development preferred.
∙ Good communication, writing and organization and skills, fluent in English written and spoken
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division NIBR Business Unit Oncology NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments