Zurich, ZH, CH, 8005
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About the role
Being part of the Products Trading desk in Zürich the role is responsible for the sale of cocoa butter and cocoa liquor to third party customers as well as for intercompany sales, according to sales budget and available capacities. The trading desk, and therewith the role, is also responsible for the purchase of cocoa butter – for this specific role, European liquid cocoa butter and origin blocked butter out of Africa, South America and Asia. In addition the role is responsible for monitoring and managing the risks resulting from the sale and purchase of cocoa products.
Key responsibilities include
- Selling cocoa butter and liquor to third party customers in accordance to the Western European sales budget
- Advising clients on purchasing decisions, assisting organization on executing the sales portfolio, assist on supply chain, QA, customer care related topics
- Coordinating risk management related to buying and selling products, hedging futures, currencies
- Sourcing external cocoa butter from third party suppliers in accordance to the BC Sourcing product trading budget
- Gather relevant market intelligence needed to define European trading strategy
- Bachelor's commercial degree or Master’s degree in a relevant area
- 5 to 10 years of experience in sales trading, commodity markets
- Good knowledge of financial and commodity markets combined with good analytical and numerical skills
- Previous experience and solid understanding of commodities (preferably cocoa, coffee or other) combined with understanding of international trade
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Good presentation skills
- Willing to travel up to 40%
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find further information here.
Job Segment: Risk Management, Supply, QA, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Quality, Customer Service