Back to Previous Page
Apply to JobJob ID243510BRPosition TitleComputational Biologist, OncologyJob DescriptionThe Oncology Disease Area at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is looking for an accomplished PhD-level Computational Biologist to help develop cutting-edge cancer therapies to benefit patients. Oncology Bioinformatics provides computational biology expertise to the department, with a focus on applications of high-throughput genomic and biomarker data to target identification, drug discovery, and clinical development. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, and an effective collaborator.
- Working with drug discovery teams to apply genomic profiling to target discovery, drug mechanism elucidation, and patient stratification efforts.
- Contributing to translational research efforts by working with teams to digest clinical study findings, and by supporting translational genomics, model characterization, and data mining efforts.
- Working closely with clinical teams to analyze and interpret biomarker data from clinical trials (e.g. next-generation sequencing, IHC, proteomics, and digital pathology).
- Developing and implementing tools and algorithms enabling the efficient analysis of biological data such as transcriptomics, genomics, epigenetics, functional screens and drug sensitivity, to enable new targets identification.
- Developing innovative analytical methods for new technologies.Minimum requirementsEducation:
PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics or computer science and a post-doctoral experience.
Fluency in English (oral/written).
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated expertise in statistics and statistical learning is required, with practical experience applying machine learning a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with current analysis methods for next-generation sequencing data is required, including specialized applications such as single cell technologies or ChIPseq a plus.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages with bioinformatics applications (e.g. Python, R).
- Knowledge of cancer genomics, clinical and translational science is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of successful collaboration with cross-functional teams.DivisionNIBRBusiness UnitOncology NIBRLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegular
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Google +
- Jump to Comments