The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) organisation at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR) products. With global departments dedicated to research and development in computer vision, machine learning, haptics, social interaction, and more, FRL is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. The potential to change the world is immense - and we’re just getting started.
Our XR Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realising the human value and new experiences they open up.
We apply a range of software, computer vision and machine learning techniques to build products that enable new ways for people to connect and share experiences. We're addressing a variety of technical challenges in the areas of real-time image processing, 3D graphics, SLAM and scene reconstruction, machine perception, visualisation and human interaction.Computer Vision Engineer Responsibilities
- Design and develop novel algorithms for real-time scene and object tracking, reconstruction and understanding.
- Develop prototypes for future VR/AR/MR experiences, drive continued development, and integrate robust solutions into product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and research teams in computer vision, machine learning, and graphics.
- Participate in cutting edge research in computer vision that can be applied to Oculus product development.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- 2+ years of experience developing and designing Computer Vision technologies and systems.
- 2+ years of experience engineering in C++ or Python.
- Prototyping and engineering experience in at least one relevant specialisation area in Computer Vision:
- State estimation
- Dense 3D reconstruction
- Sensor fusion
- Object recognition
- Scene understanding, etc.
- Applications and resumes to be submitted in English.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field.
- 2+ years of industry experience working on projects in: real-time SLAM and 3D reconstruction, sensor fusion and active depth sensing, object and body tracking and pose estimation, and/or image processing.
- Background in machine learning with experience in large scale training and evaluation of deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks.
- Experience with CPU/GPU and mobile optimisation.
- Publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.