BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
You are responsible for actively implementing and rolling-out the corporate communication and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy of BNP Paribas in Switzerland for our site in Zurich and the German speaking part of Switzerland in collaboration with the different internal and external stakeholders to increase brand awareness and promote BNP Paribas’s commitment and engagement.
To be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable working both independently and within a larger team environment, proactive, solution and results oriented, highly organized with a keen eye for detail. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, adaptable, has strong language, communication and networking skills, and the tenacity to see projects through to completion while placing them in a wider context.
This role will report directly both to the Senior Corporate Communications Manager and the Senior CSR Manager / Deputy Managing Director of the BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation and is responsible for owning projects from beginning to end with minimal oversight.
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager in implementing and driving the execution of the corporate communication strategy, policies, internal and external messages and campaigns of BNP Paribas in Switzerland for our site in Zurich and the German speaking part of Switzerland, monitor, analyse and measure performance
- Actively support the Senior Corporate Communications Manager in seizing and optimizing PR as well as media opportunities and measures to enhance BNP Paribas’ corporate image and reputation, monitor, analyse and measure performance
- Actively support the Senior Social Media, Community and Content Manager in engaging and growing the digital community in collaboration with the different internal stakeholders to increase brand awareness and promote BNP Paribas’ expertise
- Assume responsibility for any ad-hoc tasks as projects require CSR and Corporate philanthropy
- Collaborate with the Senior CSR Manager in implementing and driving the execution of the CSR strategy, policies, internal and external programs and campaigns of BNP Paribas in Switzerland for our site in Zurich and the German speaking part of Switzerland by building awareness and engagement among internal and external stakeholders, monitor, analyse and measure their involvement and overall performance
- Actively support the Deputy Managing Director of the BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation both in developing, cultivating and promoting the Foundations’ commitment and partnerships, and in handling the administrative tasks related to the management of the entire Foundation
- Raise awareness for opportunities to promote the BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation by growing the BNP Paribas Swiss Foundations’ network and community in Zurich and the German speaking part of Switzerland
- Continually look for ways to keep up to date with the latest trends and developments for internal and external CSR engagement
- Assume responsibility for any ad-hoc tasks as projects require
Qualifications / Soft Skills :
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of different and challenging projects through to completion and to help tailoring ideas and solutions to suit the BNP Paribas’, business units’ and different stakeholders’ requirements and expectations
- Ability to learn fast and to process information quickly, at high and detailed levels
- Exceptional collaboration, stakeholder engagement and communication skills, urgency and strong attention to detail, specifically with regards to written communications
- Ability to build and cultivate strong relationships with the different internal and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with different internal and external stakeholders and across all levels and functions of an organization and to adapt to cultural differences
- Ability to think strategically, make sound decisions, focus on detail, problem solve, with a hands-on approach
- Proven effectiveness when working under pressure
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
Qualifications / Hard Skills :
- Degree in marketing, communication, media management or a related field
- Previous experience in corporate communications and / or CSR, as well as in the private / banking / finance sector and / or a large international corporation preferred
- Solid understanding of the best practices and fields principles as well as challenges and opportunities related to corporate communications and CSR, especially for the banking and finance sector with the ability to think creatively for different platforms and audiences and the willingness to remain current on the latest business and market developments
- Ability to point to tangible, measurable results in brand awareness, community engagement and content management and to drive the creation of new content and formats
- Flexibility and willingness to travel between the BNP Paribas’ three sites Geneva, Zurich and Lugano as projects require
- Native written and verbal communications skills in German, and fluent written and verbal communications skills in French and/or English, Swiss German is a plus