Zurich, Zurich, CH
Corporate Development Analyst - transactions (80-100%)
iptiQ is a risk tech start-up within Swiss Re Group. Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
iptiQ provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, we're transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. We build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. iptiQ embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the role
In this role you will have an outstanding opportunity to join us: a diverse and motivated team, committed to delivering value and innovative services together with our clients and partners in the primary insurance space. You will be an integral member of the Corporate Development Team, which has overall responsibility to build and maintain the iptiQ EMEA strategy and to drive growth via a portfolio of organic and inorganic strategic growth initiatives.
You will support our team in developing, maintaining, and executing our organic and inorganic growth strategy. You will support on organic and inorganic strategy development, ensuring that we are well positioned relative to our strategic cornerstones, helping to identify and develop key pivotal initiatives, and conducting important research underpinning our initiatives. This may include market- and company- research, developing target lists, building business cases and preparing presentations. You would have specific focus on supporting M&A activity by developing key investment- and acquisition- themes, identifying and evaluating targets according to strategic criteria, conducting due diligence, developing integration plans and preparing associated materials.
Your responsibilities include:
- Conduct strategic, qualitative and quantitative analysis related to various growth initiatives
- Conduct research supporting strategy and market entry development, including market research, business case development, target identification and company research
- Work with the M&A team to conduct analyses, due diligence and valuation of potential targets, with a particular focus on how these investments / acquisitions will support our growth strategy post-transaction
- Support the development of post-merger integration plans and understand their impact on valuation
- Maintain a database of key transactions and activity in the European insurance market, coupled with a strong knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and key activities across iptiQ's markets and products.
- Conduct ad hoc strategic analyses and support strategic projects within iptiQ EMEA and associated presentations
About the team
We put the consumers' needs at the centre of what we do, aim to become a digital champion and believe in data based learning. We use the Swiss Re network to access state of the art technologies and capabilities, combine it with local expertise and an innovative mind-set, constantly questioning current ways of offering insurance. Our aim is to drive the digitalization of the P&C insurance business in Europe, combining insurance know-how and e-commerce competencies, as well as the dynamic spirit of a start-up with the backing of Swiss Re.
Do you enjoy thinking ahead and identifying new opportunities or anticipate future challenges? Do you like driving complex, cross-functional projects in an agile way & pushing borders and have a passion for the latest technologies?
- 2-4 years of experience in strategy or M&A in the insurance industry or other financial institutions
- Basic fundamental understanding of primary insurance (P&C or L&H) and European insurance markets, including know-how across the value chain
- Experience in financial modelling and valuation methodology for insurance entities (carriers, brokers, MGAs) or other financial institutions; experience with execution of M&A due diligence processes
- A strategic thinker with quick learning capabilities and an ability to "connect the dots" across functions and topic areas
- A strong interest and understanding of the insurtech landscape and a willingness to challenge existing market norms
- Ability to adapt, adjust and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Organized and detailed-oriented in delivery, while keeping the big picture in mind
- Clear and effective communication with senior business leaders and project teams
- Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in English; and at least one other European language
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 106113
Job Segment: Underwriter, Quantitative Analyst, Insurance, Research, Data