Data Engineer (m/f) – IBM CIC
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM, working as IBM Global Business Services’ technical delivery partner. We continually innovate for our customers, employees and shareholders. Our Technical Skills range from Application Development (Java, Front End, Full Stack, DevOps), Testing Services, Technical Support through to Microsoft. In addition to our technical expertise we can cover Delivery through Project Managers & Project Analysts, Business or Data Analysts.
In this role you apply your knowledge of fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Red Hat OpenShift.
- Maintenance of Red Hat OpenShift platform, Middleware applications on Red Hat OpenShift platform as well as high availability and load balancing for the platform and middleware applications
- Managing on-Prem, Public Cloud and As-a-Service deployment of Red Hat Openshift
- Monitoring, logging and security compliance of the platform and the applications deployed on top of it
What we offer you:
- Individual career path
- Access to countless trainings and certification offerings
- A knowledge sharing culture
- An environment where you are actively contributing your ideas
- The possibility to work in projects in one of the largest IT companies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related engineering
- More than 4 years demonstrated hands-on cloud and infrastructure technology solution experience
- Good knowledge of Spark, Big Data, Python, (Palantir Foundry)
- Demonstrated technologist with broad experience across a variety of operations tools & services including:
- Linux scripting
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform & Ansible
- GitLab CI/CD pipelines
- GitOps solutions
- Proven experience driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English required, German is a strong plus
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit / EU passport
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Sorry, your browser doesn't support embedded videos.
Key Job Details
- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:None
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-time OR Part-time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(1459) IBM Client Innovation Center Switzerland GmbH
- Req ID:589239BR
- Travel Required:No Travel
Join our talent network