You will join QuantumBlack’s leading data science team for ~12 to 16 weeks in either Spring or Autum in Zurich. You will gain experience working in interdisciplinary teams consisting of data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, designers and McKinsey experts.
You will also be joining a team that will challenge you and invest in your professional development through client projects and R&D workstreams as a plus. You will be helping the best organizations in the world solve their most difficult problems.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization with advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From healthcare to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data driven solutions to make better decisions.
You will work closely with our team of data scientists with backgrounds in fields such as (but not limited to) robotics, machine learning, physics, applied mathematics and neuroscience.
In this role you will work on either R&D workstreams, on live client projects, or a mixture of both. You will attend data science journal clubs and attend interdisciplinary team meetings.
You will be exposed to the most challenging problems by connecting real world business questions to machine learning methods and translating the results of your R&D work into actionable business solutions.
You share our curiosity for new methods and technologies, and our enthusiasm for data science challenges. As such, you will support our client services lead to identify business hypotheses and metrics, and you'll have the opportunity to define and drive the analytical scope and method for projects, including formulating and shaping the models.
You will communicate complex analytics concepts in a clear and concise manner to business leaders. You will use math, stats and machine learning to derive key insights across various industry sectors including Formula 1, pharma, automotive and high-tech. You will have the chance to write highly optimised code to advance our internal Data Science toolbox, and you'll develop world-class data science products for clients as well as for our data science team.
- Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
BenefitsThis is a paid internship.
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits