To strengthen our R&D team, we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help developing cutting-edge research prototypes to mine research articles. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment. The position of Data Scientist is a full-time and permanent position based in our city center office in Basel, Switzerland.
Fields of expertise: Text mining, natural language processing, artificial intelligence and big data.
As Data Scientist you will:
- Investigate and compare research prototypes
- Develop efficient text mining algorithms
- Apply research prototypes into live systems
- Write scientific articles, publish results and attend conferences (if interested)
- Coordinate research phase with the R&D team
- Optionally supervise Master/Ph.D. students
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. on text mining, data analytics, artificial intelligence or any related fields
- Knowledge/Expertise in classical text mining approaches and their scalability.
- Creative and hard-working, results-oriented
- Able to work as part of an international team
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- Fluency in a relevant programming language (Python, R)
- Basic knowledge in SQL and Git is expected
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms:
Apply for this job
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!