Back to Previous Page
Job ID 322989BR Position Title Data Steward; Non-Financial/External Data (80-100%*) Apply to Job
2! That’s the number of steps to a create data-driven business impact: from data to insights, from in-sights to value!
This role supports the digital transformation of Global BPA. The Data Steward; Non-Financial/External Data will be responsible for the day-to-day management of data across a specific functional domain (or multiple), according to the existing data governance framework. This management will comprise of activities such as documentation of end-to-end flows and transformations, maintenance, source identification, quality control, testing, security and access for data under their responsibility, and in alignment with the overall business strategy and priorities.
They are a key resource to the data science and project teams working in/with Digital Finance, and ultimately the commercial business teams, by ensuring consistency, quality and timely availability of data, thus enabling financial planning and decision making.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Identifies the relevant data assets within its functional domain, as well as the necessary processes for its acquisition, transformation, storage, sharing and elimination
• Develops and maintains centralized up-to-date documentation of the data assets (data catalog / glossary), including its definition, end-to-end data flows and transformations, sources and usages, dependencies, and any other data relevant actions/decisions
• Is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of data under its domain (at all levels where it is used within Digital Finance), and for defining the necessary procedures to constantly evaluate and correct potential issues (automated when possible)
• Ensures that data usage and access, within the scope of Digital Finance, is adequately framed under the existing data governance standards and policies existing at Novartis (including Data Privacy)
• Monitors, proposes and coordinates data flow improvement areas, as well as proactively identifies potential for new usages, for the data assets within its scope of responsibility (and according to the existing business strategy/priorities)
• Act as first point of contact in Digital Finance for all topics which are related with the data under its domain
What you’ll bring to the role:
• B.S. /B.A required, preference for engineering, technical or finance-related degrees. English fluent.
• 5+ years of experience in BI solutions and/or finance business processes of Pharma industry (Novartis preferred)
• Experience working in multi-functional settings, across multiple organizational levels (matrix organizations) with proven history of delivering high quality results in a complex and high pressure environment
• Ability to quickly develop trustful relations with its peers and within his/her network of stakeholders, and be able to mobilize and motivate teams
• Strong communicator, able to message effectively at different seniority and functional levels with clarity, maturity and precision (written and verbal)
• Strong knowledge of integrating and processing data from heterogeneous data sources (SAP / Non-SAP systems) within a DBMS platform, and handling large volumes of transactional data advantageous
• Expertise in data architecture principles, data modeling and reporting concepts and solid understanding of Information Governance Management desirable
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine. Division CORPORATE Business Unit Global Corp. Finance Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis International AG Functional Area Audit & Finance Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments