Back to Previous Page
Job ID 298930BR Position Title DataCenter Network Engineering Expert (80 -100%) Apply to Job
DataCenter Network Engineering Expert (80 -100%)
1 Tbps ! The core IT network here in Basel with around one Tera bit per second throughput and around 20,000 network ports is waiting for the right Person to continue its journey into our future of digital. This role is key for the future of our digital journey. Our datacenter network plays a key role for Novartis and is the base for all application on top of it. Continued stable Operations and implementation of new future capabilities will be a key part of the role.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Design, implement and maintain security/infrastructure requirements for development / testing environment, OR design, implement and keep technology stack of relevant products for development
• Work in close collaboration with Architecture and Operations to integrate new solutions, ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of solutions required for new projects and high integration of components
• Develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment or create reusable and automation frameworks.
• Ensure controls are in place for all configuration items and only authorized changes are made for all assets within enterprise IT environment
• Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed. Provides end-to-end analytical support to ensure the delivery of Service related requests. .
• Can be asked to assist with the handling of major incidents and identifying their root causes.
• Level 4 support for problems identified with systems and Network. Act as an escalation for Level 3 Managed Services support technicians.
• Provide recommendations to internal Engineering team to increase effectiveness of technology solutions (CSI, continuous service improvement)
Minimum requirements What you’ll bring to the role:
• German IT Incident & Problem Management IT Service Acceptance IT Configuration & Asset Management Release & Deployment
• Higher degree in relevant field, University degree level education or comparable education in Computer Science or Engineering Science preferable
• 10+ years of experience in the area of network engineering.
• Desirable: ITIL v3 experience or foundation certification,Project Management experience or foundation certification CCNP, CCDP (highly desirable) o CCIE certifications (plus but not needed)
• Operations Management and Execution Collaborating across boundaries
• Complexity Influencing without authority Ambiguity
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis! Division NBS Business Unit IT NBS Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Information Technology Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments