Back to Previous Page
Job ID 307361BR Position Title Device Development Process Intern Apply to Job
74! The number of medical device projects in Novartis. Without a safe, user friendly, high-quality drug delivery system our patients cannot take their medicine. Device Process Management in Basel needs you to accelerate one of the most diverse and innovative medical device portfolios in the pharma industry. By creating automated solutions for the device design history, you allow us to remove hurdles and enable agile development!
You’ll be supporting data driven documentation and improvement projects within the Technical Research & Development Device organization working within a cross-functional teams.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and improvement of key processes for device development [in compliance with the EU Medical Device Regulations and ISO 13485 as well as US regulations 21 CFR Part 4 and 21 CFR Part 820] as well as contributing to the digital strategy.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing documentation structures and regulatory requirements related to medical device development.
• Building digital twins of existing device design history creating interactive network maps
• Working with stakeholders to identify inefficiencies and obstacles to leaner processes.
• Help to create and/or improve procedures and processes to facilitate development of devices for Novartis.
Duration: 6 months
Start date: 1st April 2021
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master Student in Engineering, Biotechnology or Life Science. Quick learner, quality focused, good communication and collaboration skills, autonomous and self-driven.
• Knowledge in data structures and databases.
• Programming skills in Python, Xml, html, Java or similar programming languages.
• Medical device knowledge through university studies or direct work experience.
• English both spoken and written is a must, German and French a plus.
Desirable requirements (optional):
• Knowledge of regulatory standards for medical devices and/or combination products.
• Knowledge in statistics
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis! Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll Job Type Full Time Employment Type Internship Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments