Job ID 336345BR Jan 14, 2022 Switzerland
Job Description 74! The number of medical device projects in Novartis. Without a safe, user friendly, high-quality drug delivery system our patients cannot take their medicine. Among the developed drug delivery products, some are based on technologies that are directly created by Novartis. In this regard, Novartis is responsible for the complete engineering work until market access and also during the market life of the product. Device Technology department in Basel needs you to create an engineering library which links all design choices to product characteristics in order to manage future changes and improvements.
Being integrated into the design team, you’ll be collecting and generating evidences supporting the design of our new connected auto-injector which includes mechanical functions as well as Bluetooth function to interact with a smartphone application. Understanding the details of the choices made to increase the performances and the manufacturability will be key in these activities.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate and gain experience in medical device development [in compliance with the EU Medical Device Regulations and ISO 13485 as well as US regulations 21 CFR Part 4 and 21 CFR Part 820] as well as contributing to the digital strategy.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collect and understand the reason of the design choices
• Generate missing evidences via CAD, tolerance analysis, simulations, testing...
• Write reports compliant with the Good Documentation Practice rules
• Support the team with proposals and solutions for efficient and sustainable recording of the generated documents
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Minimum Requirements What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master Student in Engineering, Biotechnology or Life Science or Computer Science
• Quick learner, quality focused, good communication and collaboration skills, autonomous and self-driven.
• Knowledge in mechanics and associated tools (CAD, FEA...)
• English both spoken and written is a must, German and French a plus.
Desirable requirements (optional):
• Medical device knowledge through university studies or direct work experience.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards for medical devices and/or combination products.
• Knowledge in statistics
799 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Location Switzerland Site Basel Company / Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll Job Type Full Time Employment Type Internship Shift Work No Apply to JobAccess Job Account