Back to Previous Page
Job ID296083BRPosition TitleDigital Solutions DirectorApply to Job
5,000 years of human history and yet more data was created in the last two years than ever before. Here at Novartis, our vision is to become the leading medicines company in the world powered by data and digital.
Global Drug Development (GDD) is at the forefront of the data and digital revolution in R&D with major initiatives underway to evolve the way we discover and study potential medicines, unlocking the next chapter of medical innovation.
You will be responsible but not limited to:
• Ensure the successful adoption and scale-up of digital technologies across Novartis GDD.
• Lead cross-functional project teams and task forces of multidisciplinary experts across varying areas of technological proficiency ensuring the assessment / execution of digital projects.
• Develop and nurture relationships with other Development functions and external partners to ensure the expansion of solutions across the Development portfolio.
• Develop, design and execute pilot programs to evaluate disruptive technologies. • Identify unmet needs and opportunities where digital solutions can positively impact GDD operations and develop new or improved processes to increase efficiency and quality of deliverables.
• Develop and manage new processes where no process or precedent exists, while maintaining compli-ance with current regulations (both internal and external).
• Identify and share learnings and process changes needed for technology adoption as identified through pilot programs and/or gap analysis.
• Provides strategic planning and input for communication and coordination of Digital Accelerator activities throughout GDD, other Novartis Divisions, and through external channels/PR/Media. • Proactively manage risk, including assessment of impact on clinical operations and development of miti-gation plans
• Collaborates with the Global Head of Digital Development, Accelerator General Managers and Head of Strategy and Operations in preparation of organizational recommendations, business cases, financial forecasts and updates for senior management and organizational leadership teams (…)
• Graduate degree or equivalent in life sciences (or MBA with bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in life science)
• Fluent English (oral and written).
• 10+ years industry experience
• 5+ years or equivalent multi-/cross-functional leadership experience
• Excellent understanding and direct relevant experience with digi-tal technology and Pharmaceutical development • Direct experience developing, launching and leading functions within a complex matrix environment
• Experience presenting/speaking at a senior management level with a proven track record of effectively communicating complex initiatives
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!DivisionGlobal Drug DevelopmentBusiness UnitDATA & DIGITAL GDDLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularShift WorkNo
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments