Back to Previous Page
Job ID 286314BR Position Title Director/Associate Director, Real World Evidence Apply to Job
21st Century evolution and innovation in digital technologies, data and advanced analytics is rapidly changing the healthcare environment. We believe that Real World Evidence will transform healthcare decision-making as part of that revolution.
As a Real World Evidence (RWE) Scientist within the RWE Center of Excellence (CoE), you will be responsible for developing RWE strategies that deliver innovative and scientifically robust evidence. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and partner throughout the organization to design RWE studies and implement analyses to address product- and disease-area research questions, which will inform business decisions about the research and development of our products as well as support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, health authorities, payers, and policy-makers. This will require a deep understanding of observational research methods to define appropriate research questions and data sources, study design, rigorous and fit-for-purpose analytical approaches as well as strong communication skills to summarize and present findings. You will need excellent technical, strategic, leadership, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to work with and through others, to reimagine the way we use data and analytics to develop and deliver medicines for patients. As a RWE Scientist, you will drive the development of RWE approaches, techniques, and standards using your expertise in an assigned area in the Oncology Business Unit. You will work closely with franchises in regions and key countries to enable RWE and sharing of best practices across geographies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and drive RWE strategies, in collaboration with internal partners, to ensure that the value of our medicines is fully supported by evidence both globally and locally
• Lead cross-functional Real World Evidence team consisting of internal partners with the clear objective to deliver scientifically valid and robust evidence to support all stages of product development, and to drive global and local value demonstration
• Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for product development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions
• Work closely with regions and countries to develop timely, meaningful and robust evidence to support product value demonstration aligned with local needs (patient access, reimbursement, medical education, and patient advocacy)
• Foster learning with internal and external partners by using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately
• Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and innovative approaches
• Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards
• Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; publish results; participate in external meetings and forums to present your insights (e.g. congress/conference)
• Collaborate and contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external RWE communities, networks, collaborations, initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, policy-shaping, processes, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data and analytics to reimagine cancer treatment
• Provide expert input to evaluate external technologies or capabilities in data and analytics according to their strategic fit to the business and priorities
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/ healthcare required. PhD or equivalent preferred
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• 5+ years relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, academia, healthcare provider/ Payer/ HTA, or relevant consultancy companies
• Deep understanding and experience of Real World Data/ Real World Evidence or related disciplines to generate scientifically rigorous and value evidence from secondary data sources
• Strong understanding of drug development with proven ability to identify and deliver key evidence needs for Clinical Development, Commercial, Market Access, HEOR, Medical, Safety, Regulatory stakeholders
• Demonstrated track record of leading and executing research projects using real world data from claims, electronic health records, registries, biobanks, or digital applications, including publications
• Excellent knowledge of observational and/ or epidemiological research methodology and statistical methods
• Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in a fast evolving environment
We are seeking candidates at both the Director and Associate Director levels - the skills and experience you bring to the role will determine which level you are considered for.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask
ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like
you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to
explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart
risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the
world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine. Division Oncology Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Market Access Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments