When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Director Finance will play a key leadership role, in defining and driving enhanced internal and external customer experiences for Billing as well as Credit and Collections. The role must Business Partner with commercial leaders, quoting and operations project management to facilitate an optimal design in the quote to cash business cycle. The position is integral in the customer relationship process and must be flexible to create a wide variety of customizations to process, in addition to automation / process improvements that transitions to achieve One Global Invoicing /Receivables (consistent policy and procedures). The Director will be responsible for a monthly reporting package to the executive committee. This is a highly visible position within the organization and will interact extensively with executive management.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Be Accountable for Division Sales Invoicing, Credit & Collections, and Customer Disputes Resolution
- Lead global function across eleven sites; $1B in Cash; 1,000+ Customers with continued rapid growth
- Responsible for Government and Commercial Invoicing and Collections
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies
- Responsible for integration of multiple locations invoicing, and credit & collections
- You will lead Invoicing system initiatives, as well as ERP implementation for Shared Services
- Drive compliance and policy governance
- Be the Business Partner with Commercial and Operations leadership to drive positive customer experiences and process improvements globally that align with business strategy
- Oversee billing and collection management functions to maximize effectiveness and accuracy
- Advancing analytical capabilities and develop Key Performance Indicators to drive performance
- Develop employees and managing a team of approximately 55 employees (five direct reports)
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 10+ Years of work experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven history of participating on successful cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners