With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives. In Bern more than 1600 employees develop and deliver life-saving therapies to treat people with rare and serious medical conditions worldwide.
For our location in Bern, we are looking for a
Director, Research Innovation Europe (100%) (m/f/d)
In this exciting role, you will have lead responsibility for driving research innovation in Europe via identifying and facilitating the integration of new assets and technology opportunities into the Global Research portfolio; and leading the expansion of strategic EU-based Research collaborative relationships to help deliver on Therapeutic Area (TA) and R&D strategies.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead the development and evolution of CSL’s Research External Innovation strategy in Europe.
- Lead the proactive identification of EU discovery and pre-clinical innovation opportunities to support CSL’s Therapeutic Area strategy and Global Research External Innovation strategy in Europe.
- Lead the management, growth and establishment of key, strategic collaboration and partnership opportunities with academic institutions, biotech companies and VCs in Europe to drive Research innovation and help deliver on the Global Research External Innovation strategy.
- Lead the expansion of CSL’s early research funding and collaboration initiatives in Europe.
- Manage the Research External Innovation Europe budget.
- Lead Research Due Diligence assessments of new technology, partnership and licensing opportunities.
- Work closely with CSL’s Strategy and Business Development and Global Licensing teams to facilitate agreement execution for innovation opportunities that pass Research Due Diligence.
Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD in relevant life sciences discipline with minimum 10 years employment experience in life sciences sector.
- Proven track record of driving new science and technology platforms into pipeline projects.
- Postdoctoral experience in the field of Immunology is desirable; experience in Hematology, Thrombosis, Respiratory, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease, Neurology, or Transplant will also be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated proficiency at leading complex multi-faceted projects and managing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Must have excellent and proven people/stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead change.
- Have resource planning, scheduling and budgeting skills.
- Fluency in English and French skills would be a nice to have.
- Strong existing networks in European academic, start-up, VC and biotech sector as well as Business development/tech transfer experience in the life sciences will be highly regarded.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Applications must include a motivation letter and CV, as well as letters of references and copies of relevant transcripts and/or diplomas in the original language. Please include all these in one document together with the CV.
CSL Behring is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all.