At the lnstitute of Sport Science of the University of Bern, a doctoral studentship is to be filled on July, 1st 2020 (or upon agreement) in the department of Movement and Exercise Science.
TasksThe successful applicant will work as a doctoral student within the Innosuisse (www.innosuisse.ch) funded project titled "Online-Feedback-System (OFS) for coordination diagnostics and training on the Sensopro in fitness and therapy" at the Institute of Sport Science of the University of Bern (www.ispw.unibe.ch). The aims of the project are to integrate an IMU-based online feedback system into the Sensopro training device (www.sensopro.swiss) and to develop an interactive virtual trainer. To that aim, movement quantification algorithms for the relevant dimensions of the different training tasks as well as gamification methods for the tracking and comparison of individual performance shall be developed and evaluated.
As part of a motivated team, the successful applicant will be responsible for the implementation and test of the algorithms as well as for the empirical evaluation of the developed solutions in a crosssectional and a longitudinal validation study. The last-mentioned studies will form the core of the dissertation project for earning a PhD at the Faculty of Human Sciences at the University of Bern.Requirements
- Master's degree in computer science or a comparable field (with a focus on software engineering)
- Excellent software engineering skills
- Knowledge of inertial sensor systems advantageous
- Knowledge of distributed architectures and database concepts advantageous
- Knowledge of development processes for medical products (e.g., MDR) advantageous
- Motivation, team orientation, problem-solving skills
- Exciting and varied opportunities for applied scientific work
- Excellent supervision in an attractive and dynamic working environment
- Remuneration according to the guidelines of the University of Bern
- The position is limited to the project's duration of 3 years
Please address your questions to the University representative of the Innosuisse project, Dr. Ralf Kredel (email@example.com).Please send your application with the usual documents (in a single pdf-file) electronicallyuntil 02.06.2020to:firstname.lastname@example.org.