The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR’s potential to change the world is immense — and we’re just getting started. Our Zurich XR Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. As an Engineering Manager at FRL Core Tech you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for virtual reality. As a hands-on leader, you’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will solve complex technical challenges while delivering great consumer products focused on incredible mixed reality experiences.Engineering Manager, 3D Reconstruction and Scene Understanding Responsibilities
- Help build and lead development of our Mixed Reality real-time 3D reconstruction and scene understanding engine.
- Work with product management and experience developers to discover how 3D reconstruction and scene understanding can enable developers to produce frictionless and immersive Mixed Reality experiences for VR and AR devices.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- Experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
- Strong coding skills in python or C++.
- Background in Computer Vision and Machine Learning for 3D reconstruction from images and depth sensors, mesh generation, model texturing from images.
- Knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, and 3D geometry.
- 3D engine experience.
- Experience generating scene graphs from images or video.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.