The Facebook Reality Labs team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR/VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. AR/VR’s potential to change the world is immense—and we’re just getting started. Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. Your job will be to both manage and partner with groups working across the full spectrum from research to product development, managing our technical investment portfolio supporting Tracking for AR/VR products across different timelines. You will oversee and be responsible for a broad array of state-of-the-art technology areas and product integrations. Prospective candidates should have sufficient technical depth and breadth in the associated set of technologies to make portfolio management, resourcing and roadmap decisions.Engineering Manager, Computer Vision (Tracking) Responsibilities
- Leading an organization comprised of technology leaders and engineers from prototyping to development and integration of advanced systems relying heavily on Computer Vision and/or AI/Machine Learning technologies
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
- Engaging cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications)
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing teams productizing Computer Vision or AI/Machine Learning technologies from conception to end
- People management experience in multi-disciplinary global teams at the intersection of tech and product, including building performing teams and organizations
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Solid coding skills in C++ (a must), and Python (an advantage)
- Leadership and interpersonal communication experience in working across many disciplines, drive best practices, and mentor team members
- Technical experience in leading teams/projects in one or more of the technical domains of machine perception (i.e., machine vision, deep learning, sensors and robotics).
- Background in Computer Vision and Machine learning for at least one of the following: SLAM/Position Tracking, 3D reconstruction, depth sensing, bayesian filtering, information theory, or 3D geometry
- Experience in leading teams interfacing with HW (sensors, silicon) teams in setting requirements and product tradeoffs
- Experience shipping computer vision technology into hardware products.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.