Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As the External Communications Coordinator you will support the Global External Communications Team with a variety of communications activities to build and manage Lonza’s reputation with its priority stakeholders. You will liaise closely with other members of the communications team including brand and design, digital, internal communications and investor relations.
- Monitor media coverage of Lonza, report results through regular coverage updates and reports
- Maintain and update journalist databases
- Keep informed of industry developments and proactively identify communications opportunities for Lonza
- Assist with writing, editing and proof-reading external communications materials including press releases, fact sheets and briefing notes
- Coordinate translations and approvals of external communications
- Post news releases in accordance with SIX stock exchange regulations
- Support with event management at media and investor events, including financial results presentations, site visits and press briefings
- Support other events, as required, including customer events, internal events, site openings etc.
- Assist with social media idea generation and content creation
- Support the work of the external communications team and work to ensure integration with other colleagues in communications and the wider Lonza community
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a subject related to communications, media relations or journalism
- English mother tongue / native proficiency, fluent German is a plus
- Previous experience in a Communications or Marketing Agency would be an advantage (1-2 years)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to distil complex content into clear, concise and engaging communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Accuracy and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work within a deadline-driven, high-energy and fast paced environment
- Innovative and action-oriented
- Curiosity and desire to learn and grow professionally
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Apply Switzerland, Basel