Job Title: Field Service Engineer - ImmunoDiagnostics
Requisition ID: 127801BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer - ImmunoDiagnostics
Location: Switzerland - Remote
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) role is responsible for the installation of instruments, break down service, instrument upgrades, operator trainings and preventative maintenance work on a variety of instruments, covering a dedicated area. The FSE positively interacts with our customers, solving technical problems and identifying areas to improve their workflow. The FSE also looks for opportunities to increase revenue by providing additional services to the customer.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs, and planned maintenance service.
- Plans and executes Operator Trainings.
- Project management of customer related projects.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified annually.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch, Escalation, Field Problem Reporting and Field Service Reporting submissions.
- Works in a compliant way with Quality Assurance Procedures
- Is familiar with and follows policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation of Products at customer sites.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge level by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Manages travel expenses and follows Thermo Fisher Scientific travel policies and guidelines.
- Degree in Engineering field or equivalent
- Electronical, mechanical and IT Knowledge
- Analytical and solution driven mindset
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs.
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps.
- Participates as a positive influence to the team.
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
What’s in it for you:
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostic and/or other regulated environment.
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected Status.