You are looking for a role that combines service, science, training and customer interactions in a multitude of scientific domains?
Furthermore, you like to work on these activities in a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science?
If you are, then this will be the start of your professional journey…
You’ll be part of the Central Europe Field Service and Support Team, and do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Switzerland, home-office based
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
How will you make an impact?
You as Field Service Technician will provide service expertise in compliance with internal & customer procedures and regulations. Within your role, you generally ensure that our customer is successful in the use of the instrumentation.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of the instruments and systems in customer laboratories.
- Provide responsive telephone and on-site service.
- Coordinate own work schedule with relevant partners (service and support coordinator, team leader, colleagues).
- Perform application and instrument usage training onsite.
- Produce timely and accurate reports of the own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports, etc.
- Background in engineering and/or biology
- Ideally previous experience in a relevant service function with life science or medical equipment.
- Knowledge and expertise in customer facing interactions preferred
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form.
- Ability to schedule and work independently and as part of a group to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Positive presence and very good communication skills mainly in German and English.
- Computer literate.
- High level of willingness to travel frequently and able to work in a Home Office.
- This position is home-office based in the area of Zurich/Bern and on a permanent basis
- Valid driver's license required.
Get to know a great team with the goal to enable our customers making our World healthier, cleaner and safer.
We are very much looking forward to your CV and cover letter.