Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Start date: September 2021
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
This role is part of our global graduate program Microsoft Aspire Experience.
Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premises environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs and represent them.
- Provide the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers and seeks information about the underlying needs of customers.
- Cultivate relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Identify opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months (graduation between September 2020-September 2021 or onwards).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology and Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Science, Computer Engineering.
- Fluent English and fluent local language knowledge - German or French; knowledge of both local langagues represents an advantage.
- Full unrestricted work authorization for Switzerland.
- Available to start in September 2021 on a full-time schedule.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, analytical problem solving, and leadership capability.
- Demonstrated self-learner, seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, and builds customer/partner relationships.
- Seeks opportunities to drive Microsoft Services business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Product and technology expertise - A passion for technology and working with customers.
- Need to be willing to travel 50-90% due to requirements for onsite service. Travel may be reduced due to local or national public health and safety standards.
- Windows Server Networking
- Database Concepts
- Programming Principles
- Logic & Computation
- Data Structures
- Web Database Development
- Database Modeling Concepts
- Testing, Analysis, and Verification
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.