Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Genetic Analysis Sales
The role of the Genetic Analysis Specialist is to drive Sequencing Sales for the Next Generation Sequencing, ION Torrent and Capillary Electrophoresis based sequencing as well as Real-time PCR and Microarray business. You will use your knowledge of the business and external context to commit to and deliver profitable initiatives that build sales. You will be responsible for implementing sales strategy and tactics for related product lines and applications, to achieve sales figures.
- Achieve the agreed sales target.
- Increase the install base of Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrumentation within the sales territory (ION Torrent, Capillary Electrophoresis, Real-Time PCR and Microarrays).
- Work together with local Sales Colleagues to ensure all possible tasks are complete to secure business in competitive situations.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach Sales Colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls.
- See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly.
- Academic degree (MSc) or equivalent experience in Life Science.
- Sound knowledge of the sequencing technologies Real-Time PCR and Microarrays and methods.
- Ideally, relevant experiences in sales and account management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.