Back to Previous Page
Job ID 304803BR Position Title Global Brand Medical Director Retina Apply to Job
200 million patients worldwide are treated with Novartis ophthalmic products. Our Ophthalmology Franchise is reimagining what’s possible by bringing life-altering treatments to patients with visual impairments and blindness. Global Brand Medical Director will lead the global team and drive integrated medical affairs strategy for Retina, acting as a medical face of the company ensuring strong partnerships internally and relationships with external stakeholders.
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Lead the development of a comprehensive world-wide Medical Affairs strategy for the disease area Retina throughout all brands, lifecycle stages and indications (starting at DDP) with the aim to clearly differentiate the brands, drive disease awareness, transform clinical outcomes, enhance access to the portfolio medicines for patients and maximize the value for patients and HCPs
• Accountable for building and leading an inspired, engaged and high-performing Medical team for Retina disease area.
• Develop the Medical Affairs vision for Retina and leads the respective Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT) generating purpose, engagement and excitement for the products across countries
• Lead the design of an innovative medical affairs study plan that addresses the needs of HCPs and patients, including real world evidence, health economics and patient outcomes, digital technology, etc. to generate the most impactful and compelling evidence of the product scientific and economic value
• Provide medical leadership where required for interactions with external key stakeholders (e.g. Key Medical Experts, Health Care Practitioners, Scientific Societies & Associations, Patients/Patient Associations, Health Authorities, etc.) ensuring coordination with countries and other internal stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role:
• ≥10 years in pharmaceutical or healthcare companies including experiences in countries and/or Global organization (Medical/commercial organizations/departments with focus in drug development, Medical Affairs)
• Medical Affairs Launch experience required (across multiple Therapeutic Area an advantage)
• Ideally Medical degree, with clinical experience in Ophthalmology (alternatively Immunology or Biologics experience)
• Established people leadership: ideally has built and led high-performing global or above country medical teams
• Strong EQ and matrix management. Drive alignment between Drug Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial organization at Global and Country levels
• Strong medical voice and clinical leadership in interactions with external and internal stakeholders
• Fluent English (oral and written)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division PHARMA Business Unit GLOBAL MEDICAL AFFAIRS Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments