Back to Previous Page
Job ID 313875BR Position Title Global Group SEC Sr. Director – Hematology (80-100%) Apply to Job
1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime according to the World Health Organization. In Oncology Medical Affairs we are working tirelessly to bring innovative cancer treatments to patients with our presence in four oncology treatment platforms.
As Global Group SEC Sr. Director – Hematology (GGSD), you will lead the management and oversight of scientific engagement and communication strategy for assigned Oncology product(s)/disease areas under the leadership of the respective Global SEC Franchise Head. Leads a team of Global Scientific Communication and MSL/MI associates who work directly on the specific compounds and programs within assigned disease area.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads a team of Global Scientific Communication and MSL/MI associates on the development and implementation of disease area SEC strategy in alignment with Integrated Disease Area and Product Strategy (IDAPs) and Disease Area Strategy (DAS).
• Accountable for leading Scientific Communication Platform (SCP) for disease area and project level deliverables of Scientific Communications or MSL/MI for assigned products within disease area.
a) Direct the development and implementation of the strategic global scientific communication plan, including publication planning strategy, medical education strategy, and scientific events.
b) Direct the development and implementation of the strategic MSL plan and field medical readiness and Global Medical Information plan.
• SEC Lead on Integrated Disease Medical Team (IDMT) as core member to co-create the IDAPs and the integrated medical affairs strategy for the assigned disease area. Establish strong working relationships and actively collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders for assigned disease area (GGMD’s, GPTs, IDMT, Biostats, Legal/Regulatory, US Sci Comm, Medical Experts, Speakers, Consultants, Patient Advocacy, Medical Societies).
• Accountable for congress scientific engagement and communication planning and deliverables for assigned disease area.
• Leads SEC department initiatives with strategic impact across OMA related to medical education, publication, scientific engagement or medical information.
• Ensure compliance with all legal regulatory and Novartis requirements for scientific communications (publications and medical education materials) and MSL/MI activities such as GPP, CME, NVS policies (P3), relevant SOPs and guidance.
• Accountable to efficiently manage budgets and resources and contractual aspects of assigned projects, including budget planning for future activities within assigned disease area for SEC activities.
• Build high-performance teams and support/foster career development of direct reports through active participation in performance management and talent planning processes.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD) with 7+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry or healthcare related, ideally in Medical Affairs publication planning and/or medical education activities
• Ability to provide strategic insight into scientific exchange, publication planning plus developing medical education materials and programs that support product launches in oncology.
• Proven record of accomplishment in a Scientific Communications or MSL/MI role including interpretation and communication of complex scientific data, as well as expert project management and budget management experience.
• Strategic mindset including innovation and critical thinking with performance-oriented drive.
• Experience in planning and executing live educational events and enduring materials and/or experience in driving the development of scientific messaging and execution of publications preferred
• Ability to travel (International & US) approximately 20% of time
• 3+ years Oncology related experience (preferred)
• Experience in building and leading high performing teams as well as the development of scientific communication and MSL strategy.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division Oncology Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments