Global Head of Access Network Services (m/f/x) Switzerland, Buchs
Reference No: WD-0003696
What's the role?
The Global Head of Access Network Services provides leadership, technical direction and operational oversight to the Global IT Access Network team that is responsible for all networking systems like SD-WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN and proxy services using business Internet lines, MPLS and wireless connections, providing daily operational support for internal clients, external visitors, devices and (Industrial) IoT. This role will architect and deliver a high availability network that is built with a focus on user-centric availability, resiliency and segmented security.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As Global Head of Access Network Services, you will be leading an international team of internal experts and service providers responsible for the Hilti worldwide Network solutions and services developing and implementing new strategies and ideas and improving existing solutions. You will also have the opportunity to build a wide international network through high-visibility projects across multiple functions and organizational units. Your key leadership responsibilities include the followings:
- Own, control and manage the Hilti Group networks and take accountability for the worldwide service.
Prevent network outages by building resilient services, manage outages in a timely manner and provide service disruption notifications and outage report documentation to the IT Delivery teams worldwide.
- Guide the team in Program and Project Management to ensure delivery against Access Network Services team annual strategic roadmap objectives. Coach the team to see the "big picture" as well as the details and to be able to tie technical initiatives to corporate goals.
- Direct and manage the Access Network Services team engineers, including team meetings, absence planning, one-on-one coaching and development, training and development plans, annual appraisals and setting of ongoing development and delivery objectives.
- Work closely with the Digital Workplace team, the IT Delivery team and Enterprise Architects to ensure that designs are properly thought through in a timely manner as necessary for project deliveries.
- Work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure that Hilti Group networks are maintained in a highly secure configuration, and that operating procedures and methods are best suited to maintain security of the company networks.
- Lead the technical discussions and workshops within the Access Network Services team, using your own expertise in networking and broader technology realms to act as ‘umpire’, leading discussions to the right solutions to best serve Hilti Group business objectives.
- Recruit and hire worldwide to grow the team of engineers as required. You will also be responsible for resource modelling, forecasting and proposing needs to back fill any projects with local contractors as required.
- Manage the Access Network Services team workload and continuously maintain correct prioritization, estimation, budget tagging and assignment of all backlog tasks. Provide capacity plans and models to drive future recruitment of contract engagements. Ensure excellent continuous end-user communication by all team members, in respect of all networking issues, requests and project plans.
- Manage budget spends on suppliers of all network hardware and services. Oversee and authorize invoices from 3rd parties, contractors and additional spending. Work with Vendor Management and IT Controlling to challenge supplier costs, and make recommendations for contract changes, renegotiations, mergers and supplier replacements to continually manage down costs.
- Manage network supplier relationships, to ensure that the supplier portfolio meets Hilti Group needs. Complete supplier service reviews, evaluating and selecting new suppliers, and make recommendations for strategic supplier changes. Drive contract and service agreement renegotiations, to ensure that suppliers always provide the best possible service to Hilti Group.
- Communicate IT project health status, milestones, issues and reports to the Head of IT Infrastructure Services and project managers.
- Work with the Unified communications team to ensure that Hilti Group network systems fully support the needs of the company in telephony and other communications media.
- Drive the network integration of new acquisitions to minimize global networking costs and maximize business efficiency in relation to networking.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using the latest technologies to drive digital innovation!
What you need is:
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on technology infrastructure position, with a very close tie-in to network engineering
- 3+ years proven expert-level team management and team leadership experience with demonstrated strong ownership of a topic or an area related to network
- Expert knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of enterprise switched networks, including VLANs, port security and monitoring in a multi-vendor environment
- Understanding of network patterns and approaches
- Good working knowledge of the ITIL change management framework
- Significant experience working with vendors, professional services, and providers
- Understanding of Agile work styles
- Experience with network management and monitoring solutions
- Aruba networking qualifications (AC*X, AC*P, AC*A, etc.) or Cisco networking qualifications (CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, etc.)
- ITIL Foundation v3 qualification
- Good experience working with invoice and expenditure tracking and management
- High levels of technical documentation & reporting
We look forward to your application via careers.hilti.com! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Christoph Baeck https://www.linkedin.com/in/christoph-baeck-bb078a4b/?locale=de_DE
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer