Back to Previous Page
Job ID 304701BR Position Title Global Market Access Director (d/f/m) Apply to Job
1996! In this year Sandoz initiated the world’s first biosimilar development program. Over 20 years of experience in biosimilar development have equipped us with extensive knowledge and outstanding expertise in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of biosimilar medicines to the healthcare community and patients worldwide. This opportunity is waiting for you to contribute to Sandoz success story in the area of biosimilar in region Europe.
• Represent patient access in all major cross-functional teams at the program/brand level including Global Program Teams and Global Brand Team
• Develop market access strategy for launch products by applying detailed knowledge of payer landscape, patient access programs, managed entry agreements and outcome-based models particularly in US and Canada
• Develop pricing strategy and evolves pricing according to market changes
• Forecasting of sales (specifically pricing and market share) together with the Global Brand Directors
• Predicting future trends/drivers of decisions and making recommendations to capitalize on access opportunities and minimize risks
• Anticipates changes to healthcare policy in US and Canada, identifying opportunities and risks.
• Conducts BD&L assessments and business case evaluation from a commercial perspective
• Informs and influences development programs for tender competitiveness
• Leads access and pricing challenge sessions with countries and Regions
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree (HEOR, medicine, biology, chemistry, business or a similar field) required. Advanced degree (e.g. MD, PhD, PharmD, MBA) preferred
• 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry or equivalent experience, with 5+ years in a Global Market Access and Pricing role(s) and 2+ years in a US Managed Markets role
• Commanding knowledge of managed markets landscape and pricing in US and Canada
• Knowledge and application of different managed entry agreements / risk sharing agreements / patient access programs / outcome-based models
• Global launch experience in US and EU5 is a must
• US market launch experience with strong knowledge of US payer and managed markets landscape is strongly preferred
• Internationally-oriented: cultural awareness and sensitivity gained through working and living abroad is a plus
• Experience in leading in a matrix is required
• Has a cross franchise perspective and a thorough understanding of the broader market
• Takes into consideration how pricing strategies of different products are connected when determining strategy
• Proven ability to effectively and pro-actively communicate with key stakeholder in Global, Regions and markets, to prioritize resource and deliver key activities in a highly competitive environment, to quickly adapt to fast changing environments, to take accountability for a project or product, set the ambition and energize others to deliver against the objectives
• Strong communication skills including proven ability to work and communicate with senior executives
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross-functionally and with country organizations, to align interests of multiple parties
• Fluent English language skills are essential
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability. Division SANDOZ Business Unit BioPharma SZ Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Sandoz AG Functional Area Market Access Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments