DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Are you a truly talented marketeer with a proven track record of designing and implementing winning global marketing strategies? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? Is customer centricity part of your everyday vocabulary? Then our position as Global Marketing Manager – Bioactives (f/m) could be the perfect next step for you! Based in Kaiseraugst near Basel, you will report to the Head of Global Marketing, Bioactives.
The global Personal Care ingredients market is an exciting and growing market of around € 12B. Megatrends, such as aging population, increasing health awareness, growing concerns about pollution, men’s grooming etc. support the growth of the industry.
We face a range of competitors from large multinationals to smaller niche players. Cost leadership combined with innovation, diversification and excellent go-to-market strategies based on a deep understanding of the needs of our customers as well as the end consumer are crucial for the success of our business. As Global Marketing Manager for Bioactive (Skin Care and vitamins), you lead the development and implementation of marketing launches for these segments to make sure we continue succeeding in this challenge.
Thanks to DSM’s global presence, this role specifically provides you the opportunity to work with almost any brand across the world.
This position would suit to someone with a maximum of 7 years working experience in designing marketing concepts and materials for product launches within the beauty sector.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of marketing concepts and materials for product/conceptual launches, based on a deep understanding of consumer and customer needs and in line with the Personal Care Marketing and Business Unit strategy
- Closely collaborate with R&D and Innovation to define new product/concepts development in line with the Innovation strategy. Build and manage business cases to support the same
- Lead execution of global launches with all stakeholders (global/region) across all touch points, working closely with sales organization and customers.
- Support regions with customers presentations and customized projects
- Lead business analysis and strategic recommendations for further business development
- A must: minimum of 4 years in Marketing, including a global role, within the Beauty/Personal Care industry. Sound knowledge of skincare is highly desirable
- Proven track record of successfully leading, developing and executing global product/commercial launches. Talent to create compelling launch materials
- Technical background in R&D is of advantage. Work experience in the Personal Care/Beauty Industry is a must
- Project Management skills would be of advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to stay on top of trends and to detect innovation potential. Translate market insights into appealing products and conceptual initiatives
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a can-do attitude and the ability to move fast
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills on all hierarchy levels. Ability to lead teams without formal authority
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and open to change
- Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus
At DSM we believe that beauty enriches people’s lives.
With a passion and sense of beauty woven into the very fabric of our organization, our vision is to deeply engage with our customers to realize beauty’s true potential. That is why we continually challenge ourselves to understand in depth our customers’ needs, their brands and people’s beauty aspirations worldwide. These insights drive us every day to reveal beauty’s power.
With foresight and imagination, we connect and leverage our bright science in Skin, Sun and Hair Care to craft transformational beauty care ingredients and concepts that are loved – for superior performance, ultimate sensations and impeccable quality and reliability.
All our creativity and solutions-based thinking is dedicated to inspiring our customers worldwide, allowing us to create together a brighter, more beautiful world for people today and generations to come.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improving people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of its employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact:
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers). For additional questions, please contact Jutta Eberlin, Recruitment Team Lead EMEA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.