Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers. You as a Global Product Specialist , will be part of Power Grids business and reporting to the Global Product Manager, you are responsible for developing and continuously refining the technical value proposition for the digital offering of the business line “Power Grids – Grid Integration” (PGGI) Grid Power & Quality Solutions (GPQS) at a global level and in collaboration with adjacent functions.
- Market situation analysis: Following and understanding global digital standards, market and customer requirements and their impact on the product/system/service portfolio. In cooperation with the HV and MV Substation Global Product Manager conducting valuations of market size and trends, conducting competitor analyses including identification of product/system/service gaps and evaluates the HITACHI ABB Power Grids position.
- Existing portfolio: Ensuring technical solutions can be used across the Product Group’s product/system/ service portfolio as far as possible. Managing the technical specification of the different Segments and supports the Global Solution Manager in developing the business case for system- and related service developments. Following major warranty cases and quality cost drivers for assigned systems and ensures a resolution.
- New portfolio development: Collecting and analyzing standards, market requirements, customer needs and values as an input for producing a sustainable digital solution roadmap. From identified opportunities, supporting the Product Management team in creating the business case for system development projects. Detecting and leading customers discussion about new solutions involving and coordinating with R&D.
- Product market communications: Preparing system market technical communication materials, including support for new solution launches.
- System values: Clarifying solution positioning within the portfolio, with defined values to address different segment needs.
- Offering to market: Keeping Product Group, Sales and channels informed on topics related to relevant systems, such as new products and service availability, market, competition, quality, configuration, trends and limitations. Providing sales support, participating in customer meetings and attending trade shows on request. Supporting marketing programs. Ensuring appropriate training material is available for use both internally and externally.
- Process development: Driving technical solutions across the organization. Maintaining and following annual cycle of activities to govern product management for assigned systems and solutions.
- Safety and Integrity: Living HITACHI ABB Power Grids core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Masters degree in Engineering from a reputed university.
- Minimum 10 years of business experience in local & global roles, in a utility/industrial environment.
- Experience in guiding cross-functional teams through new approaches.
- Experience expected in data analytics, control and digital solutions for mission critical segments. Software and cybersecurity background is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Power Grids relevant markets’ customers, competition, offering and capabilities.
- Strong customer facing, interaction and technical influencing experience with large and global customers.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
||Baden, Aargau, Switzerland